• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    How much .357 Sig have you reloaded, and have you had any issues with neck tension? It's one caliber I've been reluctant to reload for.

I've loaded a few thousand flawless rounds once I had everything dialed in and only screwed up maybe 10-15 when I first setup the Dillon. The only issues I had was deforming the shoulders when I was 1st setting up the dies in the tool holder but like I said, it was only a few and once it was setup there were no more issues. I bought once-fired brass, used Speer Gold Dot 125 gr bullets, CCI 500 primers, and PowerPistol powder. My pistol was a Glock 35 with an after market barrel to adapt from 40 S&W. I believe my load was 9.2 grs of powder and they would crony right at 1500 fps. I'd take it to FNS and loved it although some didn't like the noise. I traded the pistol for a Kimber 1911 but do kind of miss it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    How much .357 Sig have you reloaded, and have you had any issues with neck tension? It's one caliber I've been reluctant to reload for.

I have a coup[le of guns chambered in this but have felt the same way. From what I've read it's kind of like door hanging - a black art

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I tooled up on .45 before 10mm or 40S&W were options. .45 wasn't broken so I ran with it instead of trying to "fix" my caliber. Now that I'M old and broken, I'm in the market for a 9mm.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    A Glock 20 with a Lone Wolf 40 Conversion barrel can give you two out of three. You can practice for cheap with the 40, and carry the 10. The magazines are compatible so it really is just a barrel swap.

Add a 21 slide and barrel and you can have .45 acp on the same frame too.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've loaded a few thousand flawless rounds once I had everything dialed in and only screwed up maybe 10-15 when I first setup the Dillon. The only issues I had was deforming the shoulders when I was 1st setting up the dies in the tool holder but like I said, it was only a few and once it was setup there were no more issues.

I'm concerned about improper neck tension resulting in bullet setback. There's so little margin of error with the .357 Sig that a little movement could result in a big difference in pressure. I've kept my .357 Sig brass, but haven't done anything with it yet.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    In my opinion, the necked-down case is what increases the pressure. I'm not sure what you mean by neck tension but I pay close attention to where the crimp is in relation to the ogive. The 125 gr Gold Dot was made for the 357 Sig and has straight walls where normal seating occurs. I also noticed very consistent crony readings with the 357 Sig and excellent accuracy, at least with my pistol.

tomylee0123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Lafayette
    45acp because of its availability, 40SW is fading out, and 10mm is hard to find.

Hi guys. I'm looking at .40 again. Also peeping at 10mm and .45. I reload mostly and I know there's a big difference in availability. Availability locally and price. Help me settle on one. I shoot high volume but thoroughly enjoy load development and accuracy. I tried an older gentleman's m&p full size .45 last weekend and it was dead on at 25 and grouped very well with box ammo. I love the .40 though. Its cheap to load and conventional now. What to get????

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    Testify, brother.
    I just finished tumbling about 500 cases for each. ;)

I'm jealous. When I first looked at the 10 mm there were few models to choose from and some had shown damage from the power. The major deterrent at the time was that the case length made it illegal for hunting. Now, I don't care. I want one.

tomylee0123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Lafayette
    The only two calipers matter most are 9mm amd 45acp because of their availability. 40SW is really dying amd I ditched them a while back. All of my handguns are either 9mm amd 45acp now. May add a 5.7 in to my collection soon but Im waiting for the price on 5.7 to drop a little more

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I'm jealous. When I first looked at the 10 mm there were few models to choose from and some had shown damage from the power. The major deterrent at the time was that the case length made it illegal for hunting. Now, I don't care. I want one.

Smith__Wesson_1006.jpg

I use nothing but full power stuff in my third gen S&W, with 100% reliability after thousands fired and no signs of undue wear or damage.
    I'm pretty sure that the Sig P220 Elite that was introduced a year or so ago will be at least as good, but you could ask Expat about his opinions regarding that.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I use nothing but full power stuff in my third gen S&W, with 100% reliability after thousands fired and no signs of undue wear or damage.
    I'm pretty sure that the Sig P220 Elite that was introduced a year or so ago will be at least as good, but you could ask Expat about his opinions regarding that.
    I only have a few hundred rounds through mine at this point, but it still looks brand new. It shoots great, less recoil than I would have expected for a 10. The action is like butter.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Availability isn't much of an issue on anything but the most exotic calibers to anyone who reloads and has Internet access.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I only have a few hundred rounds through mine at this point, but it still looks brand new. It shoots great, less recoil than I would have expected for a 10. The action is like butter.

That's no surprise at all.
    The Swiss really have all their **** in one sock when it comes to gun-making.

Top Bottom