• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Ok, folks, so I broke down and did it.....I bought a Glock....a 20 (the 10 MM for you non-glock types).
    I still hate glocks, for the record!! :):

I will still religiously carry my Springfields and Sigs!! But, I've been wanting to add a 10 mm to my collection and couldn't pass on the deal I got (brand new, $400 out the door....) So now I own a Glock!

It's MASSIVE....and frankly, I love it! Here is my target (I did rush a few shots and that's why I have a group low and left):
    picture.php

However, as much as I hate glocks, I've been walking around with a dumb-ass smile all day cos this gun is just great! I will have to get used to the sh*t grip angle and the trigger....

I did not find the recoil unmanageable at all. Due to the large frame and size, it made me feel like I was shooting a larger frame .45. (Except it is nice and LOUD! Which always brings out the lookers at the range. ...also pretty fun--ya, folks, skinny girl shoots a big gun!)

I felt a need to add a grip sleeve to it because my palms were a little hot and I wanted the extra tackiness of a soft rubber sleeve.

All in all, I recommend buying one if you can get a good deal!

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yellowstone County Montana Sheriffs DEPT (Billings) still (unless they changed in the last year) issue 10mm Glock 20's. Billings PD did in 1992 but swithched to 40's sometime after.

10MM is way underrated, wish it and the 41 Mag were more popular

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I own a few 10mms, autos and revolvers, and love to shoot the caliber. Looking to build a Carbine in 10mm someday.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    But, I've been wanting to add a 10 mm to my collection and couldn't pass on the deal I got (brand new, $400 out the door....) So now I own a Glock!

picture.php

I'll make you a deal, I will tell you where I just purchased 10mm factory JHP ammo for $18.90 per box of 50 rounds
    (PRVI 10mm 180gr JHP ammunition $19.50/ 50 or $189.00 / 500)

IF YOU TELL ME WHERE I CAN BUY ANOTHER G20 FOR 400 BUCKS OUT THE DOOR!

The ammo came from wideners.com...................:dunno: where did you get the G20?

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    I'll make you a deal, I will tell you where I just purchased 10mm factory JHP ammo for $18.90 per box of 50 rounds
    (PRVI 10mm 180gr JHP ammunition $19.50/ 50 or $189.00 / 500)

IF YOU TELL ME WHERE I CAN BUY ANOTHER G20 FOR 400 BUCKS OUT THE DOOR!

The ammo came from wideners.com...................:dunno: where did you get the G20?

HOLY MOLY!! Great ammo prices....do tell do tell.....
    I'm not sure where you'll be able to get a G20 out the door for $400 new. This was sort of an insider purchase at my LGS--and for the record, legally transferred!! (I'm PMing you the name.) They have great deals on used guns. This one came in "Used, Never Fired" it still has the original Glock grease on it, too. So this was really never fired--not even one round through. (LMFAO, some poor schmoe's wife made him sell the gun back cos she didn't want a gun in the house! WUSS! :laugh:)

And, XDLover, stop thinking and start buying, lol! I have been contemplating the 10mm, but then this deal just dropped in my lap and that made the decision for me. Keep your eye out for a hot deal and you'll be happy--same goes for Panama. The likelihood of finding a 'never fired' might be small, but i've already seen a WTS post here for a 10 mm with ~200 rounds through it. The seller was asking $400 for it. (I think...do a search and you'll find it.)

Chkline

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Anderson
    The ammo seems to be pretty pricey, and not very common, so what would be the advantage of owning a 10mm? I don't see them gaining much traction?

Cheaper than Dirt had a deal on a 1911 chambered in 10mm for one of their Christmas specials, that was tempting. It at least made me start researching the 10mm a little more. I struggle adding another caliber to the fleet when everything now is 9 .45 or .223

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Rocket, your local range may have some sorted brass they might be willing to sell you by the lbs. If not, I've seen brass sellers at gun shows....check there for used brass.

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Anyone with a Glock 20 run it with a compensator or counterweight? I'm curious as to how much I might be interested in that....they seem cheap, but I'm not sure if I'm going to use this gun for any kind of competition or not (ammo is too expensive right now cos I"m not into reloading yet).

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    the advantage is its a versitile round, its got more oomph than a .357 mag, and holds 15 rounds. ok for hunting, great for putting holes in things. the ammo is pricey unless you reload. it is not hard to find, you just need to let google be your friend.

Exo594

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    The ammo seems to be pretty pricey, and not very common, so what would be the advantage of owning a 10mm? I don't see them gaining much traction?

Cheaper than Dirt had a deal on a 1911 chambered in 10mm for one of their Christmas specials, that was tempting. It at least made me start researching the 10mm a little more. I struggle adding another caliber to the fleet when everything now is 9 .45 or .223

The advantage is BOOM! And lots of BOOM! You can carry more ammo than .45, and it hits harder than a .45. They're popular with people who have shot them, there's your traction.

Top Bottom