Oh my gosh! I nominate ^THIS^ for "INGO's post of February"

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Rather unsympathetic - tasteless even, maybe. Probably catch lots of venom. It's OK.

Can't resist an Idiocracy reference no matter the fall-out.

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70

MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    I say justified.

BUT, why didn't they just send a 5 year old girl to go disarm the bad guy that was OC'ing the crowbar?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    he killed the kid for feigning a swing. He couldn't have known, but should have probably sent the dog after the taser didn't do anything.

I think that second set of shots in the back will probably raise some concern.

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    After the first 5 he ducks back, then you can see his head come back up behind the car, hence the next 5 shots.

At that point the threat wasn't stopped so the shooting continued..

He stood back up behind the car. He never went down until the last shot, that's why they stopped shooting. Plus he may have still had the crowbar, that is obscurred by the car, but the suspect clearly still standing is not. And if he didn't have the crowbar I can guarantee it was in reach, because the suspect didn't cover much distance.

so they stop shooting just because he turned away? he was still standing, he already advanced towards an officer once, back turned or not, he is still a threat. Even if he doens't have the crowbar at that point if he turned back towards the officers they would have shot him anyway because of his previous advancement. If you get tagged as a threat, you will remain a threat until you surrender or are stopped.

^^+1 very good observation of the events, this has been posted here before i cant find it, im pretty sure that the thing he is carrying is a pipe bender? or something like that, and im pretty sure he was on some sort of drug(hence the tazer not working)

Top Bottom