• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    That's what I figured. I never thought those petitions amount to anything. I always saw it as a way for Obama's ground game to push the agenda. Then he found out more Americans had computers than he thought. The grandstanding fizzled out pretty quick.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Ah, how quickly what was strictly in the liberal playbook and denigrated by conservatives becomes acceptable with the change of regime.

Wrong. It wasn't the regime change, it was that after 8 years of Obama, conservatives finally got so tired of losing that they wised up and decided to use a wider variety of tools, including many of the unseemly tools of the libs. In politics winning matters, not so much how you win. A valiant loss in politics doesn't advance your agenda, but an ugly win will. That's just reality. We don't have to like it, but that's how it is. Have no illusions about the "left" or the "right" being valiant in how they conduct politics, but for any agenda that you want implemented (which might be valiant), you have to first WIN. No sense in hamstringing yourself.

This petition is an example of good intentions (condemning ANTIFA), but using an ugly (and ineffective) tool. I signed it just to give ANTIFA the middle finger, which makes me smile. I have no illusions that it will actually change anything or that it even should change anything.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wrong. It wasn't the regime change, it was that after 8 years of Obama, conservatives finally got so tired of losing that they wised up and decided to use a wider variety of tools, including many of the unseemly tools of the libs. In politics winning matters, not so much how you win. A valiant loss in politics doesn't advance your agenda, but an ugly win will. That's just reality. We don't have to like it, but that's how it is. Have no illusions about the "left" or the "right" being valiant in how they conduct politics, but for any agenda that you want implemented (which might be valiant), you have to first WIN. No sense in hamstringing yourself.

This petition is an example of good intentions (condemning ANTIFA), but using an ugly (and ineffective) tool. I signed it just to give ANTIFA the middle finger, which makes me smile. I have no illusions that it will actually change anything or that it even should change anything.

Whatever floats your boat.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Assuming that anything would come of this (and I think it's a big "zero") we should really take a step back and think about whether we want some group labeled as a "terrorist" organization based upon an online poll. So this tactic will be limited to violent leftists, right?

C'mon people, we're smarter than this, aren't we?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    No, I'm just telling you that a law will need to be crafted in order to list Antifa as a terrorist group. And BOY if that legislation proceeds forward, you're going to have more problems than you could possibly imagine.

RICO... it's already there. The predicates are arson and terrorism. The repetitive nature is already there. The arson is obvious, terrorism:

The U.S. Code of Federal Regulations defines terrorism as "the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives" (28 C.F.R. Section 0.85).

Two predicates with a history of repeating nature equals racketeering.

Last edited:

Fire Lord

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Around Franklin
    Assuming that anything would come of this (and I think it's a big "zero") we should really take a step back and think about whether we want some group labeled as a "terrorist" organization based upon an online poll. So this tactic will be limited to violent leftists, right?

C'mon people, we're smarter than this, aren't we?
    I rarely post here. But this was my exact thought regarding this situation. How soon till the "other side" label gun owners terrorists, and try using this as a disarmament tool. Better grab my wallet and tinfoil hat.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Let's work that through. If 100k signatures (or roughly .03% of the US population) designates any group as "terrorist group", what are the implications for the 1st amendment?

Do you think you couldn't get 100K signatures to designate the NRA a terrorist group?

All the 100,000 does is gets a White House response.

Top Bottom