1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    So last week I made it to the range with my Rem 700 .300 Win Mag

IMG_3459.JPG

I got it back from Mr. Penrod in February with the muzzle break installed

IMG_3460.JPG

IMG_3461.JPG

And I finally made it out to 1000 yds. The wind was at about 12-14 mph (according to the shooting app someone on here recommended). I wasn't going for tight groups most of these shots were made geusstamating hold over and hold off. I was a happy boy.

1000yds1.jpg
    1000yds2.jpg

The upper picture (which f'ed itself up somehow) is actually the 24 inch plate. The lower pic is the 12 incher I only took one shot at it.

garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    That rifle is very pretty. What are the specs on the Scope and Rounds you were shooting?

Also where in the heck do you find 1000 yards to shoot?

garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    Scope is a Millet TRS-1 my current round of choice is 168gn SMK's with 72 gn of RL 19 going around 2850 fps. I shoot at Young's Long Shot.

I was really excited at first. I saw Wolcott and thought, Mmm Chocolate milk.
    Then I saw Wolcottville. The I saw on google maps that that was at the completely opposite end of the state... (I'm down in Bloomington, when I in the US)

Anyway, I'd love to see pictures of the range.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    how much was the muzzle brake on yours, and how much recoil does it reduce??? Have a winchester 70 in .300 so just wondering???

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    I am in Bloomington as well, too far to go up there. Thanks for sharing your experience in 1,000 yards shootings. Bet it was fun. While I don't think it's realistic to shoot 1,000 yards unless you're a military sniper. Remember watching the show on History Channel, over 1,000 yards, one shot one kill. I'd be happy with there is a 500 yards range around here, but I only have a 100 yards to shoot.

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    how much was the muzzle brake on yours, and how much recoil does it reduce??? Have a winchester 70 in .300 so just wondering???

The brake was 275 installed iirc. I used to limit shooting to 50 rounds a trip and the next day it was obvious that I had shot all 50. With the brake I can shoot as much as I want with nothing but the memories the day after.

Top Bottom