• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    How does Clifty compare to the trails in Martinsville? Specifically 3 Lakes and Low Gap? Those are in the Morgan-Monroe State Park.

I did 3 Lakes and Low Gap (10 or so miles each) in the summer and it was a killer workout.

Turkey Run is great too.

I've been wanting to try Clifty but I need it to be a little on the tough side to support the drive.
    I haven't hiked the parks you mentioned, but I can't imagine them being as rugged as Clifty. I've done quite a few trails here in southern Indiana, and none really measure up to the relentlessness that Clifty offers. A few trails we've done in the Smokys haven't wore me down quite like Clifty does. I don't think you'd be disappointed.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I haven't hiked the parks you mentioned, but I can't imagine them being as rugged as Clifty. I've done quite a few trails here in southern Indiana, and none really measure up to the relentlessness that Clifty offers. A few trails we've done in the Smokys haven't wore me down quite like Clifty does. I don't think you'd be disappointed.

I have to agree, I done most of the Knob Stone as well as a number of other trails none that was mentioned but Clifty always seems to beat me down more than the others...

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I'll have to get down to Clifty this year. I went around eighteen or so years ago with some friends. I have a hiking book about Indiana hikes. The author picks trail combos that he suggest. I really don't want to go when it is really hot though, so hopefully we can have a dry spell soon. I also would rather it not be too muddy. How many days after a rain does it take for that area to dry out? I know in the summer it likely dries out quicker than in the spring.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    It really just depends the trail due some of them being in lower level areas. However when we went all the ones we went on for the most part were pretty dry...

Top Bottom