• ...and so much more!
  • Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Been a long time since I've gotten excited about anything that wasn't a wheelgun. Decided to buy a Springfield Ronin 1911 in 10mm the other day and... yeah. Don't get me wrong, I have a few other 1911s, but this one is special. Streaks on the slide are fresh packing oil.

I have big hands so the slim grips and flat mainspring housing were immediately replaced. Installed a buffer to protect the frame too, just because. Installing Truglo TFO Novak style sights tomorrow, and then beating it senseless on Sunday.

High five, I like this one...

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    That is a very pretty gun. Rounded trigger guard, no P-rail, forward serrations, beaver-tail, skeletonized hammer and trigger, wide thumb safety, thumb cut on grip. Just beautiful! I do take small exception to your preference for rounded MSH, but hey it IS YOUR gun. Congratulation on a beauty. Oh, I forgot: .45 ACP is the proper round for a 1911.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Been a long time since I've gotten excited about anything that wasn't a wheelgun. Decided to buy a Springfield Ronin 1911 in 10mm the other day and... yeah. Don't get me wrong, I have a few other 1911s, but this one is special. Streaks on the slide are fresh packing oil.

I have big hands so the slim grips and flat mainspring housing were immediately replaced. Installed a buffer to protect the frame too, just because. Installing Truglo TFO Novak style sights tomorrow, and then beating it senseless on Sunday.

How did you find one available?
    I've been looking for one locally since they came out.
    I have the Ronin 45 I wanted the 10mm, but someone beat me to it by 15 mins. LGS guy said he had one in 45acp and I could see how it looked, felt, etc. It came home with me.
    20221108_213940.jpg

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I have the Ronin 45 I wanted the 10mm, but someone beat me to it by 15 mins. LGS guy said he had one in 45acp and I could see how it looked, felt, etc. It came home with me.
    View attachment 274004
    I've had it on my dealer wishlist for a few months. They happened to get one and allocated it to me. Short story, I got lucky.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Nice read on the history of the 10mm.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

Curious does the arched MS housing effect your grip?

BigNyaKelly

Coffee Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2023
    Worcester

I have an absolutely gorgeous 1911 that's from west point (they give them out to the graduating classes, and then those guys sell them to pay for Cameros), but this one looks crisp too - kinda love it.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    View attachment 274004
    Finally got the call today - distributor had the Ronin 45 in stock. It's on it's way. Now... what thicker grips to slap on it?

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've given that some thought actually.
    However, I'm wanting to collect the Ronin pistols in 10mm 45acp and 9mm to have a set.
    45acp is down, I'm waiting on the 10mm. After that I'll get the 9mm. That's the plan anyway.
    We know how plans go when it comes to firearms.

Top Bottom