• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkershner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    An unquiet solace
    Yesterday, I went to 500 Guns in Indy and traded my Benelli Nova combo for an 11-87 Super Mag in great condition. The guys there were great, and I feel very comfortable recommending them to anyone looking for a good deal.

On to my issue: The 11-87 Super Mag is similar to the 1100 in that they use a piston asssembly and o-ring in the gas system. The Super Mag also uses a Barrel Seal Activator in between the o-ring and the piston that allows it to cycle 2-3/4" loads.

Upon disassembly for cleaning and relubing, I noticed that the activator was missing. Apparently the previous owner was a waterfowling type of guy who only shot magnum shells. I need the part in order to blast clays and pheasants. I can order the $8 part from Brownells or Midway, but it's hard for me to swallow the $5 shipping. Is there anywhere in the Indy area where I can find it?

jkershner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    An unquiet solace
    Try for the cheapest solution...........call Remington.

Might get a freebie, never know.

See, this is why my INGO membership is worth every penny I paid!

I called Remington, and the rep said no problem, here let me get your address, what's the serial number, I'll make sure the order goes out today. I really didn't expect that at all.

Hookeye, you are a good person.

jkershner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    An unquiet solace
    In my life, I have only ever owned 1 shotgun at a time. I started with my Dad's Winchester, moved to Beretta, then to Benelli, and now to Remington. I love the way Remington stands behind their products. I may stay with them for a long time.

I'm going to the Indiana Gun Club on Saturday to test it out, run a few rounds of trap. Anyone want to meet up there?

Top Bottom