11 yo boy suspended for SAYING THE WORD GUN.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Meanwhile, the teacher who blew a .27 while acting as a chaperone/supervisor on a school field trip is treated with kid gloves while the school figures out a way to avoid having to fire her. Zero tolerance is a one-way street, I guess.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    "Darkness has a hunger that is insatiable. The lightness has a call that is hard to hear." This is all about good vs. evil. God vs. Satan. Common sense vs. left-wing Godless ideology. As I read on FB, trying to understand liberals is like trying to pick up a turd from the clean end.

NSA 308

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    "Darkness has a hunger that is insatiable. The lightness has a call that is hard to hear." This is all about good vs. evil. God vs. Satan. Common sense vs. left-wing Godless ideology. As I read on FB, trying to understand liberals is like trying to pick up a turd from the clean end.

This has nothing to do with any of that. It is simply a case of stupidity vs. reason. And cowardice. Any school administrator that adheres to "zero tolerance" policies is a coward who is afraid to think for themselves and consider each situation on its own. There is no shortage of these kind of idiots from all walks of life and every side of the political spectrum.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    How ironic that one day this fine young lad will grow up to be a Navy Seal and will be on the front lines defending the freedom of Americans, including even idiots like the one who suspended him from school for having such noble aspirations.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    This has nothing to do with any of that. It is simply a case of stupidity vs. reason. And cowardice. Any school administrator that adheres to "zero tolerance" policies is a coward who is afraid to think for themselves and consider each situation on its own. There is no shortage of these kind of idiots from all walks of life and every side of the political spectrum.

On the contrary, I think zero tolerance is the result of a clear-headed, critical thought process that recognizes the inherent value in silencing the enemy. Zero tolerance in schools is just one more way they're training the children to be soldiers in their army. That's a far cry from cowardice and inability/fear of thinking for oneself. Tactically, it's genius.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008

Seriously, is everything religion to you?

This has nothing to do with any sense of subjective morality like you're thinking. This is about bad policies and the subsequent enforcement of these policies.

Common sense is not the opposite of "left-wing Godless ideology," it is the opposite of idiocy. This is just a matter of idiotic policy and the enforcement of idiotic policies.

Please stop trying to make things about religion.

NSA 308

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    On the contrary, I think zero tolerance is the result of a clear-headed, critical thought process that recognizes the inherent value in silencing the enemy. Zero tolerance in schools is just one more way they're training the children to be soldiers in their army. That's a far cry from cowardice and inability/fear of thinking for oneself. Tactically, it's genius.

There are plenty of common sense decisions made by school administrators that never make the news. Not all schools abide by this zero tolerance BS. The very reason it makes the news is that a significant portion of people find this kind of thing ludicrous. Otherwise, there would be no story.

Much of zero tolerance is fear of liability, and the relative safety of doing things "by the book," rather than applying critical thinking. I am perplexed that my son made it through 13 years of public school without being a "soldier" in some fantasy army, but I suppose that my encouragement of his ability to think for himself, rather than picking a side and branding the opposite viewpoint as scheming devils, might have had something to do with that.

Enemies. :):

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    There are plenty of common sense decisions made by school administrators that never make the news. Not all schools abide by this zero tolerance BS. The very reason it makes the news is that a significant portion of people find this kind of thing ludicrous. Otherwise, there would be no story.

Much of zero tolerance is fear of liability, and the relative safety of doing things "by the book," rather than applying critical thinking. I am perplexed that my son made it through 13 years of public school without being a "soldier" in some fantasy army, but I suppose that my encouragement of his ability to think for himself, rather than picking a side and branding the opposite viewpoint as scheming devils, might have had something to do with that.

Enemies. :):

The n=1 sample size argument again?

NSA 308

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    The n=1 sample size argument again?

I see no reason to account for those who blame "enemies" creating imaginary armies, regardless of statistical formula used. The truth of the matter, more often than not, is a failure to parent.

LordTio3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    McCordsville
    I see no reason to account for those who blame "enemies" creating imaginary armies, regardless of statistical formula used. The truth of the matter, more often than not, is a failure to parent.

I've always found it disturbing how the vast majority of parents are so concerned with everyone else's kids and end up dumping days and weeks of their time protesting and trying to control them, but don't think to turn any effort at all toward their own children whose faults are rapidly becoming a problem for themselves and others...

... COUGH-COUGH-
    Trayvon-Martin-killed1.jpg
    ... ahem-cough...

~LT

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    :):

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Wisdom is lacking in our atheist run schools. We're reverting to our pre-Christian Anglo-Saxon barbaric roots. We just dress it up with college degrees and a shirt and tie.

Top Bottom