May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I would rep you again right now if I could for making me realize I'm an idiot. I have a whole mess of door breaching slugs I just never refer to them as "frangible" even though they are.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    Wow, thanks guys. I guess it's been longer than I thought since I did the search for the frangible rounds. Winchester stuff never showed up on the searches I did. Nor did the SSG or the Ammo To Go site.

Those SSG rounds are pretty salty for only 5. Especially since the Rio Expansives are 10 for $13. Wonder why? Better quality?

I'm kinda surprised some of those specialty "Less Than Lethal" rounds from Ammo To Go are available to us "lowly civilians". Especially the flash-bangs and the bean bags. The flash-bangs might be good to have for disorienting someone in the house if there's a possibly a chance they're armed.

I think the article I read talked about the 12 gauge frangibles as being 00 buck frangible, not slugs. I always thought that would be the way to go for home invasion repelling, from both a post-event legal reason and for minimum spread and over-penetration reason But, I'm going to try some of the slugs and see how it does on some drywall targets.

Work picks back up, I'll buy a box of the Rios and see how they do.

Top Bottom