• ...and so much more!
  • lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    I've always enjoyed the Remington 870s. As mentioned above, there are so many options to customize.

Here is one that INGO member VUPDBlue created for me. It started life as a stock 870 being carried around in an Indianapolis police cruiser.

245av0l.jpg

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    I can't beleive no one asked this yet (or maybe I missed it). What are you using said shotgun for/ what are your expectaions?

For example, a 590 or 870P would be good deffensive/HD shotguns, but aren't the best choice if you are wanting to shoot birds.

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    mossberg for life over here. every remington shotgun i have ever used (tbh, single digit numbers, and round count only in the triple digits) has had feeding or ejecting issues, etc. etc.

love mossbergs, and i hate anything with the remington name on it (due to my experience with it)

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I love Winchester Model 12's and have many in my safe. The one I have quickly accessible though is a Remington 870.

tallerthan28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Zionsville
    Remington 870 has feeding issues when you go with bigger shells, and one thing to consider about a mossberg 500 is that it is designed to be broke in with around 100 shoots, well some of the more expensive ones are around 1000, which i know is a lot but if you want something to last you should look at some of the more expensive ones that are out there that are made to last longer.

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    I have never had one issue with my remington 870's. All are about 7 years old. Some people say some of the newer ones are having feeding issues that are easily remedied with a new ejector and polish.

I have also had a few mossberg 500s that had some fire pin issues and very sloppy actions. My dad has a Mossberg 835 that has been great.

I am partial to remingtons, just seem they are finished a little better.

It is sad that we support and accept the crappy finishes that Remington (Marlin, Winchester,and others) are putting out. I like Remy's for what they are. What they aren't is nicely finished. They look cheap. But, best of what is available is all they deserve to get credit for.

Top Bottom