• ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Looks like we're getting off cheap.

Geryl believes that a shift in the Earth's poles is going to result in solar flares, volcanic eruptions and earthquakes that will throw the world into a nuclear meltdown.
    Shifting earth poles causing solar flares? Really? How does that work?

He does mention volcanic eruptions and earthquakes. Must be reading your story, LB.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Well, gravity and magnetism work in both directions. So, I guess, there's a possiblity. Not much of an astro-physist though. Not much of a speller either.

$130k won't even buy me a BOL.

To really be prepared, I'm probably looking at $500k min. That's why I hold no hope of surviving any kind of zombie apocolypse. If the power goes out, or I lose my job, we're good. Even if it's for an extended period of time. Anything beyond that and we're boned.

I am resourceful though. If we can just hunker down long enough to let the dummies kill each other off, we can pick up the pieces.

prepper24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Seriously, this dude is spending $130,000 to equip the bunker and his water hauling devices listed are condoms? I'm sure he has real containers for water. Maybe the reporters were going for shock value

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Check out the comments where several people talk about taking the preppers stuff. One guy said that it was going to be mob rule and "hoarders" deserve to have their stuff taken. I would wish if something did happen that he is in the front of the mob that comes to take what i have. I will gladly give him the first bullet from my rifle.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Looks like we're getting off cheap.

Shifting earth poles causing solar flares? Really? How does that work?

He does mention volcanic eruptions and earthquakes. Must be reading your story, LB.

Its more of the shifting poles causing earth to be damaged by solar flares. Kind of like bringing down the force-field.

I'm not certain, but I've heard the theory that, since the Earth wobbles around its center of rotation, at various points in its geological history it has "fallen over" and the locations of the rotational poles change. When this happens, the Earth's magnetic field collapses until the rotational poles are reestablished and the magnetosphere reforms around the planet again. If ANY of this happens, there will be tremendous crustal upheavals with all their attendant disasters while the Core shifts to reflect the new rotational vectors and, on top of all that, the Earth's surface won't be protected from any Solar materials that hit it until the magnetosphere reforms.

So, yeah, if that happens most of us will be hosed and I don't know of any way to predict what places, if any, will be "survivable".

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Just looked at the link and some of his preps. Seems to me that survival knowledge and the ability to improvise are more valuable than lots of "stuff" (and easier to carry). Obviously there is a minimum of equipment necessary, and if we're talking EOTW- level disaster, a big food supply will be essential, but this guy is already screwing up because he lives 2000 miles away from his BOL, if I read the article correctly.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Just looked at the link and some of his preps. Seems to me that survival knowledge and the ability to improvise are more valuable than lots of "stuff" (and easier to carry). Obviously there is a minimum of equipment necessary, and if we're talking EOTW- level disaster, a big food supply will be essential, but this guy is already screwing up because he lives 2000 miles away from his BOL, if I read the article correctly.

Well, hey, folks made it from Chicago to Idaho in "Patriots" so....

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    When ( IF ) the poles shift, I don' wanna be ...

... deep down inside not no any bunker! Seems like the dude w/ all the cargo-'tainers has a good idea. And 3 or 4 wells would keep me in good water for a while. Those, and several 1,000-yds tack drivers of common caliber would keep potential intruders busy. As for that "nuclear holocaust", I wonder who would trigger that, this time?? I'll be satisfied to have a supply of CLAYMORES. Anybody got a surplus list?? EBG
    Seriously, this dude is spending $130,000 to equip the bunker and his water hauling devices listed are condoms? I'm sure he has real containers for water. Maybe the reporters were going for shock value

Top Bottom