• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    They are back in stock again. still 14.95 each, IMHO they are better than a PMAG.

I think it's about time to call the magazine scare over... just quit feeding the mall ninjas Pmags ;).

Now... just need a few more glock magazines(*I* don't, my brother does since he didn't listen to me and buy extra mags when he bought the gun last year...).

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    Thanks for the update rgonizer. I have been wanting a closer look at these so a bought...a few. 14.95 each and shipping was $11 for me. No coupon codes on these here interwebz either.

-Dobber

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    They are back in stock again. still 14.95 each, IMHO they are better than a PMAG.

I am interested in your opinion, what about the Troy magazines do you like better than PMAGS? I have carried aluminum mags all over sw Asia so I wanted something different for my personal ar. Last year I bought some PMAGS based on their reputation and have been happy with them. Then things got crazy so I have been happy with what I had. I would like a few more magazines but have no direct or indirect experience with the Troy mags. So, I really am interested in your opinion.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    I am interested in your opinion, what about the Troy magazines do you like better than PMAGS? I have carried aluminum mags all over sw Asia so I wanted something different for my personal ar. Last year I bought some PMAGS based on their reputation and have been happy with them. Then things got crazy so I have been happy with what I had. I would like a few more magazines but have no direct or indirect experience with the Troy mags. So, I really am interested in your opinion.

I've used PMAGS quite a bit and never had any issues. I've used Troy quite a bit and never have any issues. On the reliability/ruggedness I really don't think you can get any better, they both score a solid 10 in my book.

The reason I like Troy more than PMAG, in no particular order:

• They fit standard mag pouches - PMAGS are bigger and thicker and they don't fit most mag pouches (at least without forcing them/stretching the pouch.)
    • They feel lighter (nope, never weighed them, but I'd bet they are an ounce or so less...)
    • The look/finish is cleaner, this is purely personal but I do like the look more than a PMAG
    • I don't use it, but they come with the bottom 'pull tab' or whatever you call it, and they come with flat floor plates if you don't like them (magpul sells ranger plates separately.)

As far as 'investment' to resell - I'd guess troy WON"T be as good as Magpul due to the fact it doesn't have as much name recognition. For use, I'm replacing all my PMAGs with Troy (still want to try some lancer mags too...), for the extra dollar or two per mag I'd pick Troy every time.

Top Bottom