• ...and so much more!
  • g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    The following was written by my 14 year old little sister. She said her teacher told her it was the best paper from the class. Yes there are a few factual and grammatical errors but the paper stands up very well and is still better articulated than any argument by any anti I have ever heard. I am VERY proud of her...Good news for us too, she wants to be an attorney, looks like she will be on the right side of the issues...Enjoy!

Gun control is a heavy issue that is being discussed all over the world. Right now it has been a huge topic in the United States, home of the free. Now some people would argue we wouldn’t be free if we got our gun rights taken away. I believe that we Americans shouldn’t have gun control for reasons that are obvious, such as the 2nd amendment and many more I shall tell you.
    Now I’m sure we all of heard that guns are the reason for so many deaths. Now let’s think about this. The media and government are blaming guns for killing? Yes guns are capable of harming someone. They are also capable of defending and saving lives, which they have done for hundreds of years now. Don’t blame the gun for harming someone; blame the person behind the gun. The US Bureau of Justice Statistics shows that guns are the safest and most effective way of defense.
    Some people argue we should “Let the cops do their job”. Letting the cops “Do their job” is risking your life. You have no idea how long the police will take to get to you or your family. A local Policeman states, “Anywhere from 10-30 min” for the police to get to a crime scene. So do you want to place your life into someone else’s hands that may or may not get there in time? A recent study shows that using a gun in self defense results in fewer injuries to the defender, rather than not using anything for protection. In other words, using a gun in self defense is safer than using nothing at all. Take Donna Hopper for example. It was4am and an intruder tried to break in her house screaming, “I’m coming in!” She scrambled to her feet to get her revolver and “connected the burglar with 3 shots.”~ Rifleman Magazine. Or take the Papa Johns delivery man’s experience for example. He had a concealed weapon in his car. A man stuck a gun to his head, ordered him to give up the money and drive off. The delivery man quickly got out his revolver and emptied the cylinder on the thief. You never know where or when you may need to use a gun to keep you out of harms way.
    So how many lives are saved for every life lost? 65 lives are saved for every 1 life lost. 35,000 lives are killed because of gun related situations. But an astounding 2.5 million people used guns to protect themselves, their family, and their livelihoods.
    One of the many myths of guns is, “There is an epidemic of gun violence.” When in fact homicides have been decreasing throughout recent years. Except for teens who are in inner cities and young adults who are involved with drugs and drug trafficking. The actual cause of inner city violence is family disruptions, media violence, and poverty. By poverty I mean some people choose to do crimes and such because they have lost all hope for things to get better.
    Many states have stricter gun laws then other states. Take California for example, you are not allowed to conceal a weapon. Their death rate? An astonishing 12.7! In Illinois which also has strict gun control has an alarming rate of 11.3. Maryland also has a large rate of 11.7! But states that have a loose interpretation of gun control have a much,MUCH lower rate. In North Dakota they have a 1.1 death rate. In Maine 1.2 and in Montana 2.6. Do you see a trend?
    Now you’ve probably been wondering what about accidents and suicides? Let’s start with accidents. The National Safety Council data shows accidental gun deaths have been decreasing since the beginning of this century. Right now the accident rate is at an all time low. That still means there will be approximately 200 tragic incidents, but that is far from the thousands of children the media claim.
    Suicides are always an awful thing no matter what people use. Gun bans decrease the suicidal rate with gun use but increase the rate of other suicidal methods (jumping, rope, pills, etc.). No reduction in suicidal rates in total. So why ban guns? With all said and done, it is a right, an amendment, a freedom that should not be messed with.

Thank You

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    It takes some intestinal fortitude to turn in a paper on a controversial subject like that, coming down on the non-PC side. She gets my congratulations!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Great paper! One of the beautiful things about a pro-gun stance is that the facts really do speak for themselves, antis simply don't have that luxury.

Also proves the point that everyone should have a revolver:D

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The following was written by my 14 year old little sister. She said her teacher told her it was the best paper from the class. Yes there are a few factual and grammatical errors but the paper stands up very well and is still better articulated than any argument by any anti I have ever heard. I am VERY proud of her...Good news for us too, she wants to be an attorney, looks like she will be on the right side of the issues...Enjoy!

Do you have her on INGO yet?

She writes better than the average INGOer :)

:p

But seriously, tell her great job!

Better than I could of done at that age. And possibly now.

Sounds like little sis is being raised properly!

+1 to little sis!:patriot:

Agreed

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Big thumbs up to your Little Sister!!
    And kudo's to your Folks too, I'm sure they are well reflected in your sister's intelligence and strength of character.

big-thumbs-up.jpg

Top Bottom