• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I'm getting conflicting remedies to this problem. I have been using Precision and BBI 147 GR bullets in the past with no problems. I recently switched to Missouri Bullet Company and now I am experiencing pretty extreme tumbling (I should have taken pictures). I am using 3.2-3.4 Gr. Titegroup (same as the past 147's). All Bullets measured .3555 (Precision and MBC. They are what I have at the moment)

I have read that I should

A. Increase the velocity. I'm not sure I want to do that with Titegroup. 3.4 is starting to push the upper limits anyway

B. Increase the crimp

C. Decrease the crimp

D. Move to a slower burning powder.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    Have you had this trouble with any other bullets of other manufacturing??? I would try some other ammunition to rule out any possibility of the rifle. If its ok with the other ammo your best bet would be the suggestion of messing with velocity and see if you can correct or atleast see a change in the results. If all else fails you may want to contact the manufacturer and see if they have had any recent issues similar to yours. Maybe you just happened to get a bad batch?? :dunno:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Even though this is a dumb question...

Are you sure it's not just the target tearing instead of a clean pass-through?

I know that in my personal experience, some of those "soft paper" / recycled paper targets will tear upon bullet pass-through. Especially so if the target isn't fully supported on a backing of some kind.

Not at all doubting you; you're evidently a well-seasoned reloader and shooter. I hope I'm not insulting with the question!

-J-

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Even though this is a dumb question...

Are you sure it's not just the target tearing instead of a clean pass-through?

I know that in my personal experience, some of those "soft paper" / recycled paper targets will tear upon bullet pass-through. Especially so if the target isn't fully supported on a backing of some kind.

Not at all doubting you; you're evidently a well-seasoned reloader and shooter. I hope I'm not insulting with the question!

-J-

The targets were IPSC cardboard targets. I used them frequently.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Top Bottom