• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    I see there is a ProxiBid auction running concurrent with the live auction. Expect prices to be top dollar and then some. Bubba has seemed to get his mittens on the mil-surps sometime ago. :(

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I'll be going now, hopefully to get a cheap pump 12ga. Thanks for the thread.

Good luck...everytime my son has gone the "farmers" will pay twice as much as what its worth....he's seen Marlin .22 you can get at wally world for 89.00 go for close to 150.00....."farmers".....LOL....seems they got money to blow or just ain't got a lick of sense....no offense to "farmers" but just what I'm told most look like when bidding.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    Didn't get any guns. I bid on the 91/30 they had but ended up letting it go for $80 to someone else as I'm mostly broke. They had it labeled as "Russia CIA 7.62 X 3.9 Rifle". :n00b:

Ended up winning two 30 caliber empty 5.56 ammo cans, and an empty 50cal steel ammo can. Plan to use one of the 30's for .22 ammo, and the other two for AK ammo. :yesway:

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    I'm actually surprise that the Colt & Smiths brought only $300ish prices. Looks like the Winchester collectors were in the house. I did see some other decent deals too. All in all looks like the auction fever was under control. Bad news for the auctioneers but good for the bidders.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Those auctions have been really hit & miss. I've gotten some really good deals and then watched some stuff go for double or triple retail, new...for a very used gun. From what I've seen, it isn't just the "farmers". It is also the old guys, the Amish, and people that smell too bad for the 1500. I didn't go to this one as the last few have been pretty bad as far as overbidding.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    I think uneducated bidders as far as gun models and prices go is the cause, but that's what happens in an auction. I plan to go to the Fort Wayne gun show this weekend and hopefully find more along the lines of what I'm looking for.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Estate auctions at present are really down as far as prices go. Folks just aren't bidding things up as high as in the past. Lack of disposable income?

Retail sales in general are down as has been noted in the news.

Top Bottom