• ...and so much more!
  • GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    The 1500 experience is all what you make it. Plenty of fun stuff to see, but my main draw is hanging out with friends for a "boys day out" and seeing what the fun deals / stuff I wasn't looking for opportunities provide.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The 1500 experience is all what you make it. Plenty of fun stuff to see, but my main draw is hanging out with friends for a "boys day out" and seeing what the fun deals / stuff I wasn't looking for opportunities provide.

You could even meet some INGOers. Some look nothing like their avatar picture. :cool:

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    eh. years ago, it was worth it. But now, I can order anything online and have it shipped cheaper than the price of admission.... and without the cropdusting.

Chaplain45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    Noblesville
    It is a good time with friends. I also go to pick up special orders and to be exposed to a wide variety of products that I will probably not be able to see in person otherwise. There is almost always something that is a decent price and a unique find (for me anyway).

JKEdge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    Indy
    I'm debating myself on going this year. Are ammo prices good there vs buying online? I'm looking at bulk of 2.23/5.56 and 9mm.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I live in Delaware county but work in Hamilton county, so I usually go on Friday afternoons from work. Mainly look for powder and primers, but it is a good opportunity to handle a lot of firearms if you are looking for something. Even bought some gold last time I was there. The admission and parking ($17 total per person) is starting to get a little prohibitive to go more than twice a year though, even with the "Save a Buck" cards.

luckydog465

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Gun Show is great for the oddities. Stuff you don't know exist till you see it. Also the crop dusting has been on the decline so its a win win.

eurobeaner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    I'll be going for the first time in a real long time. (Went with dad 15+ years ago). Hoping to find a reasonable Mosin and maybe a budget AR

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    If you count the entrance and parking fees against only the stuff you purchase, then you can probably find better deals elsewhere on items that you already know you want to buy.

I think it's worth the price of admission for the entertainment value. I'd pick attending it over going to a movie or a football game .

Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    I go to about one a year...have been looking forward to this one for a couple months now. I Finally talked one buddy into checking it out...this will be his first show. Also in the past I've typically taken one or two guns with me to trade with or sell...anybody think that will be more closely scrutinized at this one?

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Their are ATF and IRS agents undercover at each show making sure things are being handled right. They started picking up their traffic a while back after having some reports of stuff they didn't like.

mistersmith

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    NWI
    I have been to maybe 5 in the last 3 years, and I always find something to spend my money on. I also have good luck in selling and trading guns at the 1500. Great way to spend a Saturday, it is the 2 1//2 hour trip that isn't fun.

Top Bottom