• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I was planning to take my Bi Tone 40 XD to the 1500 to sell, as I am seriously needing money, but wanted to know if I could take ammo in with it to sell? As it is the only 40 I own.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I was planning to take my Bi Tone 40 XD to the 1500 to sell, as I am seriously needing money, but wanted to know if I could take ammo in with it to sell? As it is the only 40 I own.

I think you're ok so long as you keep the thing unloaded as per the rules for attendance. If you are worried, keep the ammo in the car and tell people you have it.

:twocents: as I'm not with the organizers and do not represent them.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    You're good to go..

Carry in the UNLOADED XD in one container/case/etc., and the ammo in a separate carry tote bag. The MPD officer inspecting the firearm will be sure that the XD is unloaded, zip tie it, may ask to see any mags. for it (make sure that all mags are unloaded also), and send you on your way.
    The gun check in is more or less on the honor system, but you WILL be called out for having any firearm without a zip tie on it at the show.
    Hope this helps...Bill..:draw:

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I was planning on keeping the ammo in a back pack... and checking the gun in at the cops. So I shouldn't expect any problems?

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    If you've not sold a gun previously at the 1500, be prepared to be annoyed constantly by exhibitors who want to buy your gun at a lowball price so they can turn around and sell it at their table for more money. I quit trying to sell guns there years ago for this reason. For every attendee who asks about your gun, there will be 5 exhibitors trying to steal it from you.

You'd be better off selling it here, on another gun forum, or privately.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    I have a dumb question (hey, I am from NWI). Where is the 1500? I know it is in Indianapolis but does anyone have an address? I tried to find it on the website...

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Indiana State Fairgrounds on W 38th St.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fridays - 2:00 PM to 8:00 PM[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Saturdays - 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sundays - 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]The Indiana State Fairgrounds[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1202 East 38th Street[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Indianapolis, Indiana 46205[/FONT]​

Mens Rea

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Westfield, Indiana
    I'm going to be trying to sell my Walther PPS at the 1500 as well...I have a feeling I'm going to be bringing it back home.

I'll have it posted up on here as soon as I hit 50 posts LoL.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    That is kind of what business is about. Buy low, sell at a profit. Please don't forget that vendors pay some pretty big overheads in booth rent, transportation, sometimes motel lodging, set up/ tear down time, insurance and book keeping/tax preperation. Only after the obligations are taken care of is there any profit. It is not fair to compare the business transaction to a hobbyist selling goods to another hobbyist. I have spent 32 hours working for a vendor and sold quite a bit of merchandise and a few firearms and still lost money. It happens that way some times. Now you have to make double profit next show to break even. Sometimes I think that only the promoters are making money, but I do not know what their expense ledger looks like either.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    That is kind of what business is about. Buy low, sell at a profit. Please don't forget that vendors pay some pretty big overheads in booth rent, transportation, sometimes motel lodging, set up/ tear down time, insurance and book keeping/tax preperation. Only after the obligations are taken care of is there any profit. It is not fair to compare the business transaction to a hobbyist selling goods to another hobbyist. I have spent 32 hours working for a vendor and sold quite a bit of merchandise and a few firearms and still lost money. It happens that way some times. Now you have to make double profit next show to break even. Sometimes I think that only the promoters are making money, but I do not know what their expense ledger looks like either.

Thanks for the input Leo. i guess i never really thought about any of that. i just assumed they were all like Ludco and Gander Mountain. :laugh:

FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It

as a seller, i try to get the highest price.
    as a buyer, i try to get the lowest price.
    no matter what party i am, i do not care about the situtation of the other party. I am not gonna change my price becuase you incurred a lot of costs. when you go to sell your firearm, think wisely. id sell it privately.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Anyone happen to know what i should expect to get out of a LNIB XD .40 stainless slide, all accessories and papers,138 fmj, 25 hpj, and a fobus paddle holster. Unfortunately I have been unemployed for a long while, just graduated with an IT degree and am having difficulties finding a job so need to get money now to take care of a few necessitates for my family.

Top Bottom