• BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    Can I legally have a 16" barrel cut down to 14.5 " ? Than pin a 1.5 " muzzel brake on . If so who can do this around Indy

I Knew I could pin the muzzel brake on !The only reason I asked about this ,is some one I ask to do this wanted to know if it was a NFA weapon . After I told them no , and told them what I wanted to do . They wont even return my e-mails . Thought I was ok doing this ,just wanted to check !

I'm only using "pin" as a chatch all phrase/ want to attach, as to where it can't be removed without the use of torch or power tools

Last edited:

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    I have a Colt M-4 that I bought from LEO friend of mine that has a 14.5" barrel. He pinned the flash suppressor on when he sold it to me and told me it would be legal for a civilian that way.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    thats what this one is, i used the yhm phantom 28a flash suppressor

inglouriousbasterdar15_O.jpg

Last edited:

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    I hate that look. 14.5 is a good size.

same here, not smart reducing barrel length and adding a gotti flash suppressor cripple the guns accuracy for looks, but if you have it done like that and the zombies come remove the ugly suppressor and would be great for indoors

this helps if you want to remove the silver solder so that way you still have a choice on what you want if you still want to get a tax tamp and have a real sbr

How to Remove Silver Solder | eHow.com

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'm probably going to do mine this weekend. Colt 14.5" SOCOM and a Battlecomp 1.5. The battle comp has a small hole for a pin. I'll use the same size drill and put a dimple in the barrel after correctly clocking down the compensator. I'll cut a drill bit and tap it into the hole then solver solder over it. I'm pretty sure this will pass as permanently attached.

I'll post back and let you know how it goes. :)

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'd need to see that too. And if so would be another reason the ATF sucks! Their "letters" and FAQs are a bunch of BS. None of the actual laws have changed. What about all the people that have already pinned and welded? The Battlecomp 1.5 is fairly new to the market too. I'm sure they would have posted something on their website if the ATF ruled against pins.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    it would be stupid to allow silver solder and not pinning and welding, but then again thats the government for ya

guess which chicken is the gvt

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9_9LbrXl0g[/ame]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom