17 shot, others trampled, in Arkansas night club.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    17 shot and others trampled in Little Rock, Arkansas club; no apparent connection to terror - ABC News

At least 17 people were shot in an Arkansas nightclub early Saturday morning and more were injured trying to escape or being trampled, police said.

One person was initially listed in critical condition, but later updated to stable, according to cops. The other injuries did not appear to be life-threatening after the 2:30 a.m. shooting at Power Lounge in Little Rock, according to police there.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I haven't been to a club since I was in my mid-20s.

Kut (mo longer thinks he's bulletproof)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The police says it's not an active shooter situation. :scratch:

I was under the impression that someone actively shooting a bunch of people was an active shooter by definition.
    Regardless of the reasons behind the shooting.

Maybe the victims are not random (gang related?) making it "non active shooter" scenario? :dunno:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Those with better knowledge can correct me but I assumed that "active shooter" meant that someone was still on site and actively shooting. It sounds like the perp left the scene, so no active shooter designation.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Those with better knowledge can correct me but I assumed that "active shooter" meant that someone was still on site and actively shooting. It sounds like the perp left the scene, so no active shooter designation.

We do NOT believe this incident was an active shooter or terror related incident. It appears to have been a dispute at a concert.

They used the passed tense though.Meaning even during the shooting it was not considered an active shooter.

Maybe it has to do with it being planned or not.
    The guy didn't just walk in and start shooting random people but an incident triggered the shooting?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The police says it's not an active shooter situation. :scratch:

I was under the impression that someone actively shooting a bunch of people was an active shooter by definition.
    Regardless of the reasons behind the shooting.

Maybe the victims are not random (gang related?) making it "non active shooter" scenario? :dunno:
    Only active shooter while they're still shooting or at large i think or that would make sense. Was this a hip hop club? Every place I bounced it would get the most dangerous and unruly on hip hop nights or when the dress code wasn't unforced and the saggy pants crowd was allowed in.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Only active shooter while they're still shooting or at large i think or that would make sense. Was this a hip hop club? Every place I bounced it would get the most dangerous and unruly on hip hop nights or when the dress code wasn't unforced and the saggy pants crowd was allowed in.

I'm not sure what kind of club that is.

After a visit to their Facebook page I found their flyers design ... :n00b:

why3b9.png

You can't make that stuff up.
    https://www.facebook.com/powerultra...1828.649865228432328/1368073953278115/?type=3

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    They are now saying 25 were shot, 3 more injured but not shot.

Police said 25 people were shot in Little Rock, Ark., after a dispute broke out at a nightclub concert early Saturday.
    All 25 people are expected to survive, police said in a tweet Saturday. Three other people sustained injuries after chaos ensued when gunshots broke out

Amazing that there's no fatalities with so many shots fired in a confined space.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The only time I ever came close to getting shot was when I was in the Navy and got roped into going into a local dive in Norfolk called The Main Event.
    At some point, two guys started pushing and shoving each other just as I was walking out of the head (yeah, drove the porcelain bus), then one of them reached inside his jacket and pulled out what was clearly a Tec-9.
    The stupid thing is that, in my inebriated state, I at first thought it was a squirt gun because I had once had a battery-powered squirt gun that looked like a Tec-9.
    I'm glad to say that it took less than a second for me to decide that this was the real thing, and that even if it hadn't been, that it was far better to not make snap decisions when it comes to such dire situations.
    Away I went, bear-crawling (knees up!) as fast as I could down the hall and, just as I rounded the corner, I glanced over my shoulder in time to spot the rent-a-cop putting the perp in a hammer lock and slamming him face first into the wall, drawing what looked like (bad choice for a carry weapon) a crappy little .25 Auto.
    There were people just around that corner, and just as I shouted "he's got a gun," we all heard a gunshot, sending everyone diving under tables and staying put for at least ten minutes.
    I thought that he had actually shot the perp, but out he came, with the perp in cuffs, and -- aside from some bruises on his face -- totally unhurt, so the r-a-c had clearly shot into the ceiling, not a good idea IMNSHO.
    I don't care to go into bars at all, and dive bars are off my list permanently.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The only time I ever came close to getting shot was when I was in the Navy and got roped into going into a local dive in Norfolk called The Main Event.
    At some point, two guys started pushing and shoving each other just as I was walking out of the head (yeah, drove the porcelain bus), then one of them reached inside his jacket and pulled out what was clearly a Tec-9.
    The stupid thing is that, in my inebriated state, I at first thought it was a squirt gun because I had once had a battery-powered squirt gun that looked like a Tec-9.
    I'm glad to say that it took less than a second for me to decide that this was the real thing, and that even if it hadn't been, that it was far better to not make snap decisions when it comes to such dire situations.
    Away I went, bear-crawling (knees up!) as fast as I could down the hall and, just as I rounded the corner, I glanced over my shoulder in time to spot the rent-a-cop putting the perp in a hammer lock and slamming him face first into the wall, drawing what looked like (bad choice for a carry weapon) a crappy little .25 Auto.
    There were people just around that corner, and just as I shouted "he's got a gun," we all heard a gunshot, sending everyone diving under tables and staying put for at least ten minutes.
    I thought that he had actually shot the perp, but out he came, with the perp in cuffs, and -- aside from some bruises on his face -- totally unhurt, so the r-a-c had clearly shot into the ceiling, not a good idea IMNSHO.
    I don't care to go into bars at all, and dive bars are off my list permanently.

Are you sure you weren't in Indianapolis?

Last edited:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Are you sure you weren't in Indianapolis?

That was over 25 years ago now.
    I had forgotten that there's a place called that in Indy now.
    Truth be told, I've never been in a bar in Indy at all, and nowhere else for at least the last twenty years.
    I doubt I'll visit any kind of bar at all, especially not a crap hole like the Main Event in Norfolk.
    btw...that was the first and only time I had ever been to that joint, so I can just imagine how many times that joint had such incidents.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well,

A Memphis rapper was taken into custody early Sunday in Alabama along with a second suspect in connection with the shooting at an Arkansas nightclub that left 28 people injured, the U.S. Marshals Service confirmed to Fox News.

Ricky Hampton, also know as Finese2Tymes, along with another suspect was arrested outside of Side Effects Club in Birmingham, Alabama, FOX 6 News reported.

Little Rock nightclub shooting: US Marshals arrest rapper, second suspect in Alabama | Fox News

Top Bottom