• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tobias

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Is anyone finding any .17 wsm rounds anywhere? I was finding it at Walmart late last summer but haven't seen any on a shelf anywhere in months.

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    Where are you located?

They have by the case at a shop in Madison that I can't think of the name of.

Manufactures have probably been more focused on high demand products as well.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I'm seeing it on rare occasions but not anything fully stocked. Luckily I found quite a bit before it dried up.

When I have seen it lately it is usually at gander but you will pay $17.99 a box for it there.

jplowman2005

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    how are you liking that gun? I was looking at a .17 hmr but with ammo being close on price thinking about trying the wsm

Jerry45Acp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    in the country
    The 17HMR is well established as it is very popular with quite a few gun makers producing firearms for this wonderfully accurate round.
    The 17WSM will not ever be, in my opinion, a big seller. With very little sales, it will someday soon be discontinued and those of you who bought a gun will not have anything to shoot in it, unless you can reload your own rimfire cartridges.
    Buy all the 17 Winchester Super Magnum you think you will ever need now while you still can.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    here's my 2cents, its a great round, ballistics,damage to varmits, low cost, its a great round!, BUT with only one company making ammo, and limited companys making the rifle what will the long term support be?

winchester makes the ammo, who else?
    savage makes the gun(2 models one blue and one stainless) winchester makes 1 gun(1885 low wall and the only one on gunbroker is 1350.00)

till i see more support from the gun industry, ill pass on the .17 wsm

Top Bottom