• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    How can people who are arguing against Zimmerman's charges due to lack of evidence turn around and demand ethics charges on the prosecution when they have zero evidence to back it up?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I guess they should charge Z and wife with perjury while they're at it.

If they lied, under oath... :dunno:
    I guess if it's serious enough for the Judge to base the reason to revoke bond over then I guess that would be an option.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    How can people who are arguing against Zimmerman's charges due to lack of evidence turn around and demand ethics charges on the prosecution when they have zero evidence to back it up?

Simple. Prosecution demands that there be reasonable evidence to support the charges. Filing charges for which there is not anything approaching sufficient evidence stands in evidence that there is a prosecutor who should have his/her neck stretched. Yes, I support capital punishment for those who would recklessly imperil the rest of someone else's life.

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    We don't know what evidence the prosecuted has but that doesn't stop the accusations against her. Just looking for some consistency is all.

Fair enough. However I can't imagine something major has been kept secret so long. Regardless, I'm sure there's random witness testimony (changed after the fact, of course) that could possibly support the charges.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I suspect this is an effort, which is succeeding, to punish Z. for his "misdeed" whether he is found innocent or guilty by a jury. I wonder, since the Press knew about Z.s defense fund - and published the amount collected - how it is that the Prosecutor just found out about it. It also seems to me that if Z. were a flight risk and had a second passport and $135K to run with, he'd already be gone.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Fair enough. However I can't imagine something major has been kept secret so long. Regardless, I'm sure there's random witness testimony (changed after the fact, of course) that could possibly support the charges.

If she goes to trial with no more evidence than what we've already heard, than someone should pursue ethics charges. But how is it any different to complain about no evidence to charge when there's no evidence that the prosecuter is acting maliciously other than our own personal opinions?

I'm not so naive to believe that politics aren't playing a part in this trial. My opinion is that they are. But with no evidence to prove it, I can't call for her head on a pike. Once the trial takes place, we'll have our answer.

Airborne18th

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    When you choose to carry a firearm you have the ultimate responsibility to avoid using it. The kid had the right as we all do to walk down the street. It appears he wasn't doing anything illegal. The shooter was told not to engage the kid. He chose to ignore the direction and might have gotten whooped on. It isn't self defense if you bring a gun to a fistfight. I am sad that the media has turned this into a CCW issue. It is a bad decision issue and the court will decide. Leave the guns out of it. Chicago has terrible restrictions on guns and 40 people were shot last week.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    I thinked some more, and this is what I thinked about it. At the time GZ was in jail, the freshest thing on his mind would have been the press conference, where Corey announced the 2nd degree murder charge, and confessed her undying devotion to the Martin/Fulton family. I doubt it's a legally defensible position, but that was a clear indication to everyone watching, especially GZ, that this prosecution was more about vengeance, than justice. Was he morally justified in protecting his own future interests?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I thinked some more, and this is what I thinked about it. At the time GZ was in jail, the freshest thing on his mind would have been the press conference, where Corey announced the 2nd degree murder charge, and confessed her undying devotion to the Martin/Fulton family. I doubt it's a legally defensible position, but that was a clear indication to everyone watching, especially GZ, that this prosecution was more about vengeance, than justice. Was he morally justified in protecting his own future interests?

Some people are pretty sensitive to lying under oath around these parts. Clinton, anyone?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom