• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    If you feel like you need to push someone because they call your mother a whore, you've got a lot of growing up to do. Is everyone walking the streets in the 2nd grade? If you can't handle someone calling names, you're probably not mature enough to carry a firearm.

"If you feel like you need to push someone [then jump on top of them and beat them] because they [looked at you funny and followed you through the hood], you've got a lot of growing up to do."

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    I have been successful at not posting in this thread to date, but I have a question.

Concerning the "lie" about the funds and Mrs. Z's perjury charge: is anyone drawing the distinction between funds raised solely for the defense of Z in this specific case and personal funds to be used at the Zs' discretion?

Because I can see her answer that they have no money as being truthful if in fact she considered the legal defense funds to be off-limits to them personally. It would have been wise to make the distinction verbally, in court. I haven't seen this angle discussed and wondered if that was by design on the part of people attempting to control the outcome, by accident on the part of Mrs. Z and lawyer for not having the gray matter to create the distinction and make it a part of the testimony, or by default since it isn't an issue, legally, anyway.

Thoughts?
    Records show that in the days before an April bond hearing for her husband, Shellie Zimmerman, 25, transferred $74,000 in eight smaller amounts ranging from $7,500 to $9,990, from her husband's credit union account to hers, according to an arrest affidavit. It also shows that $47,000 was transferred from George Zimmerman's account to his sister's in the days before the bond hearing.

If Mrs. Z was just confused, why attempt to hide the money?

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    If you feel like you need to push someone because they call your mother a whore, you've got a lot of growing up to do. Is everyone walking the streets in the 2nd grade? If you can't handle someone calling names, you're probably not mature enough to carry a firearm.

Dude this was just a random scenario with no basis in reality. The real point was how a fight can be escalated an extreme amount, and a badly worded law wouldn't allow you a defense.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If Mrs. Z was just confused, why attempt to hide the money?

8 transfers all under $10k to his wife's account and transfers to his sister's account? They knew damn well what they were doing. And his website said that he'd be accountable for any donations. So far, it sounds like he's spent $30k just for temporary living arrangements. Did he buy a freaking house? Also, $20k for living expenses?

I'm with Kut. If their word on this money is worthless, what's his version of the story worth now? What was he going to gain by lying about this money?

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Given Z is the defendant and only eyewitness, his credibility is very important. Mr. and Mrs. Z playing games with the donated funds and then not being truthful, is not going to help his defense. Now the prosecution also has an "Al Capone" option.
    If they can't get a murder conviction, there's always 11 years for perjury and/or income tax evasion.

This should be quite an interesting case. The Zimmerman's have already proven that the credibility is less than a defense attorney would desire. That's a HUGE issue to confront, given that Zimmerman is the only eyewitness. It's not to large a leap to infer that if he's willing to lie about one issue, concerning this case, he'd be willing to lie about others.
    For what reason would a juror choose to believe a person who has already intentionally lied concerning this instance?

8 transfers all under $10k to his wife's account and transfers to his sister's account? They knew damn well what they were doing. And his website said that he'd be accountable for any donations. So far, it sounds like he's spent $30k just for temporary living arrangements. Did he buy a freaking house? Also, $20k for living expenses?

I'm with Kut. If their word on this money is worthless, what's his version of the story worth now? What was he going to gain by lying about this money?

"Falsus in unum, falsus in omnibus"

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    "If you feel like you need to push someone [then jump on top of them and beat them] because they [looked at you funny and followed you through the hood], you've got a lot of growing up to do."

Except if you pick the wrong person to jump on, you may end up dead, in which case, your opportunity to grow up has disappeared.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

I'm curious, have you ever had to abandon your home and everything in it and go into hiding? Do you suppose that it might cost more to live in hiding than it does to live out in the open? If YOU owned a house that might be subject to damage by vengeful vigilantes after your renter, would you still charge regular rental rates? How much more might it cost to have to have all your groceries delivered to your hideout than to be able to just go to the store and buy them?

You may or may not be correct about Z.'s motivation, but there are other explanations available which may be just as theoretically viable as yours.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I'm curious, have you ever had to abandon your home and everything in it and go into hiding? Do you suppose that it might cost more to live in hiding than it does to live out in the open? If YOU owned a house that might be subject to damage by vengeful vigilantes after your renter, would you still charge regular rental rates? How much more might it cost to have to have all your groceries delivered to your hideout than to be able to just go to the store and buy them?

You may or may not be correct about Z.'s motivation, but there are other explanations available which may be just as theoretically viable as yours.

:+1:

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    After all the nasty things said about martins mother
    I don't remember any comments about how attractive or unattractive Martin's mother is. Some people commented on her behavior, and some people here have commented on Z's wife's behavior. That is okay, that is the discussion of right and wrong.

How does the way someone looks have anything to do with this case?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I'll admit I haven't read every post on this thread, but I can't recall reading anything as nasty and uncalled-for as your remark about Z.'s wife.

I have read this entire thread. From the "he needs to pay" from a local police officer very early on to the martin was a thug ****.... nothing as rude and uncalled for as the wife comments.

But when you can not justify your position in an argument it's just easier to make fun of people for something unrelated.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Going into hiding, and blowing through $20K in 3 months I would say is a lil excessive. It's not like Zimmerman is in a rural area where everybody knows everybody. He's in Florida. There are plenty of private communities, hotels, etc that he could live in relative obscurity without fear of harm. Sanford is about 30 minutes from Orlando, and Casey Anthony hid out there for a good while and was never located.

But I digress, even if the expenses are justified, that still doesn't explain how the Zimmerman's purposefully misled the court. When combine with them "diversifying" their donated funds, it appears outright criminal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom