• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downlinx

Expert
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    I just inherited 5000 rounds of 17hmr ammo and wondering if there is a pistol that shoots 17hmr ammo? I would like a pistol as I would take it with me fishing and it is easier to carry a pistol vs rifle.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Semi-auto .17 hmr was a flop.
    I have a Taurus tracker in this caliber and it is a tack driver. My buddy takes it hunting as a sidearm and has 1 fox, 2 coyote and a few squirrels with it. I told him he needed to buy one and he said why, you have one..............:D

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Thanks guys, I just have not had the best luck with torus products, maybe I will give this one a try.

Taurus revolvers are, generally speaking, better quality than their semi-auto offerings!

Don't be afraid of a Taurus revolver. Their Tracker and Raging series are pretty cool stuffs.

-J-

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Upgrade for Taurus

If you get the Taurus you will find a very heavy double action trigger pull. Go an order a wolf 10lb hammer spring and swap it out. Just finished a trigger job on one and the new spring and selective polishing of the trigger and hammer components made a huge improvement.

downlinx

Expert
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    If you get the Taurus you will find a very heavy double action trigger pull. Go an order a wolf 10lb hammer spring and swap it out. Just finished a trigger job on one and the new spring and selective polishing of the trigger and hammer components made a huge improvement.

Thanks, I will do that.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i thought the keltec pmr30 in 17hmr would be about the best pistol ever, but since they cant make enough of the pmr30 in 22mag, i doubt the .17pmr30 will ever hit the market

Mitchell0481

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Crown point
    I fail to see how both of these are easily carried.

They are both easier to carry than a rifle. If you got the Volquartsen it would fit in a holster just as easy as a large revolver. I have a MKII with a 10"barrel, it take up the same amount of space. Your only other option is a revolver.

Top Bottom