• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benjy58

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    SKS Rifles

Looks like a trip to Hartford. I bought the original ones from Century without the grenade launcher attachment. Sorry I sold them.

JJenn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    I went and bought one this morning.
    The guy behind the counter had no idea about the sale, lucky I printed the flyer from their website.
    They were very cool about it though. No problems and I even told the guy I wanted one with a G or later prefix in the serial number. I got a J.
    The G (1970)and later are supposed to have chrome lined barrels from what I have read at www.sksboards.com.
    It comes with some accessories, but no sling. And covered in cosmoline.
    I tried to talk the guy into giving me a Model 59 with no Grenade launcher but he wouldn't do it. "It has to be the one in the picture", oh well.

By the way, you have to go to the counter and ask for them, they are not on the used rifle racks or on display anywere.
    I was disapointed that they did not have any 7.62x39 ammo left for it though. Good thing I have plenty.
    Time to start cleaning off the cosmoline.......:D

cumminspwrd02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I picked up one of the Yugo 59/66 SKS's w/ grenade launcher and bayonet for $199 this afternoon from cabelas. Got it as cleaned of cosmoline as best I could, I'm sure there is still some hidden in it but I'm sure I'll find the stuff I missed when I shoot it the first time and heat everything up.

The one I got was covered in cosmoline but it's in pretty nice condition. The metal and bluing is good, the bore is good, wood has a few dings but its an old gun. So far I'm happy with it and am looking forward to shoot it. It's alot better of a gun than the sported Norinco SKS I bought third hand last year!

Gonna leave the SKS stock, Only thing I might change is to put a little longer butt pad on it and maybe a nicer sling. The leather sling that came with the SKS is in pretty rough shape.

cumminspwrd02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I went and bought one this morning.
    The guy behind the counter had no idea about the sale, lucky I printed the flyer from their website.
    They were very cool about it though. No problems and I even told the guy I wanted one with a G or later prefix in the serial number. I got a J.
    The G (1970)and later are supposed to have chrome lined barrels from what I have read at www.sksboards.com.
    It comes with some accessories, but no sling. And covered in cosmoline.
    I tried to talk the guy into giving me a Model 59 with no Grenade launcher but he wouldn't do it. "It has to be the one in the picture", oh well.

By the way, you have to go to the counter and ask for them, they are not on the used rifle racks or on display anywere.
    I was disapointed that they did not have any 7.62x39 ammo left for it though. Good thing I have plenty.
    Time to start cleaning off the cosmoline.......:D

I went to the Cabelas in Hammond this afternoon and had the samething happen to me, no one there knew about them being on sale. The salesman that helped me had to call his manager(?) to find out about the gun and its price. And no one knew how long they are on sale for either. I texted a friend about the SKS's after i got home and he went and got one too.

Top Bottom