• ...and so much more!
  • Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    19 Facts About The Deindustrialization Of America That Will Blow Your Mind

Out of work .. Underemployed ... your kids with Goodwill clothes .. family member in jail for non support because of no job .. got a tooth ache and no money for the dentist ?

The reason that we don't have industrial jobs in america any more is because " they " and that they is a long list , congress , union executives etc. , bankers , Don't want america to have them any more .

greatdepression.jpg

:welcome: :welcome:

to the new America

:patriot::patriot:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    At some point, we will either re-industrialize by finding ways to manufacture goods without workers pricing themselves out of the World market, or we will find ourselves unable to defend against an attacking enemy, either in war or economic terms.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    IMO, manufacturing is alive and well in the USA, it's just done in much smaller shops instead of giant factories.

We have outsourced most of our product to local machine shops, not a foreign country. That is all that was necessary to make us cost competitive with the global labor market.

$150/hr cost (NOT WAGES) is the going rate for semi-skilled labor on product that is safety critical. If you're making bic pens or green army men, it's probably lower. I'm not in that business though.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Does one have to produce a tangible good to be in "manufacturing"? I'd make an argument that the armies of computer programmers across the nation are in the business of manufacturing code.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Does one have to produce a tangible good to be in "manufacturing"? I'd make an argument that the armies of computer programmers across the nation are in the business of manufacturing code.

Possibly in terms of how many Computer Numerically Controlled manufacturing processes are being utilized, otherwise I'd say they're in "merchandizing".

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    This thread makes me want to post "19 things about running a damned company that might surprise you". Including such gems as "employees need to make more money for their employers than they cost them".

Rescue912

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Lafayette
    I am a journeyman electrician and support a number of CNCs. We are working weekends to keep up with demand and export over 65% of our products.

Some manufacturing is alive and well...

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    I am a journeyman electrician and support a number of CNCs. We are working weekends to keep up with demand and export over 65% of our products.

Some manufacturing is alive and well...

Agreed .. I have a cousin in Phoenix that is a machinist and his company is vey busy ..

I would urge people to think about how much we don't make any more ...
    TV's
    Washer and dryer
    Stoves
    kitchen utensils
    most if not all but all electronics
    ( that list is very long )
    Glock Pistol .. Made in Austria -Assembled in Georgia

If we are manufacturing so much ?

Sorry, Duncan, but you're perpetuating a myth that's been debunked. Manufacturing in this country is doing just fine.

The Rumors of Manufacturing's Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated | Cato @ Liberty

Then why do we have such a high trade deficit with China ?

Thanks
    Duncan

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    The laws of prosperity are as simple and straightforward as the law of gravity... and they haven't changed in eons...

1) Make/provide stuff that other people want
    2) Better yet, make/provide stuff that other people NEED
    3) Better still make/provide stuff that makes other people money
    4) Charge reasonably for these products/services - see #3 above
    5) Be easy to do business with - there IS such a thing as a PITA premium
    6) Spend less than you earn (live on 70%,save 10% short term, 10% long term, give %10 away)
    7) Invest in more capability to do the above - this goes for time, money, etc - ALWAYS keep learning!
    8) Be grateful for what you have

All of the above is true whether you're an employee, employer or whatever. Remember - you DON'T work for Cummins, or UPS, or whatever your company is... you work for [insert your name here], Inc. The outfit that employs you is your CUSTOMER. Salary vs hourly vs whatever? That's just the terms of the sale....

I follow the above... and while I feel our national policies stink in many areas, I've never starved and am EXTREMELY booked up right now.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The laws of prosperity are as simple and straightforward as the law of gravity... and they haven't changed in eons...

1) Make/provide stuff that other people want
    2) Better yet, make/provide stuff that other people NEED
    3) Better still make/provide stuff that makes other people money
    4) Charge reasonably for these products/services - see #3 above
    5) Be easy to do business with - there IS such a thing as a PITA premium
    6) Spend less than you earn (live on 70%,save 10% short term, 10% long term, give %10 away)
    7) Invest in more capability to do the above - this goes for time, money, etc - ALWAYS keep learning!
    8) Be grateful for what you have

All of the above is true whether you're an employee, employer or whatever. Remember - you DON'T work for Cummins, or UPS, or whatever your company is... you work for [insert your name here], Inc. The outfit that employs you is your CUSTOMER. Salary vs hourly vs whatever? That's just the terms of the sale....

I follow the above... and while I feel our national policies stink in many areas, I've never starved and am EXTREMELY booked up right now.

I already give 30% away to the govt, anyone who wants 10% of whats left can F off.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Some would ascribe the 10% that I quoted above as "tithing" or giving to their church / religion / whatever... For the record, the person who taught me the 70/10/10/10 principle above was a professor of econ at UC Davis who was not religious in the slightest. And UC Davis isn't exactly a "church" school... :D He felt that by giving 10% away _to WHATEVER cause or person you wanted_ so long as it wasn't yourself, you freed your mind from greed/being stingy/ that sort of thing and freed up your abilities to make more money. He gave his 10% away, as I recall, by leaving extraordinary tips for the wait staff wherever he went. True story...

I guess my point is this - you don't have to give it to anyone that's ASKING for it. But I believe that the principle of giving to others simply works - and it doesn't have to be a church or an official "charity" that's the recipient.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Really ? So all these consumer goods that are for sale at the retail level marked Made in China are incorrect ?

Duncan
    Is it your contention that there is nothing on the shelves marked "Made in America"? I went to the store just yesterday and bought only one thing made in China. I was surrounded by many other items that were made in the USA, (none of which I needed). I'd suggest you go back and actually read the CATO report and not rely on Alex Jones for all your info.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    #1 The United States has lost approximately 42,400 factories since 2001. About 75 percent of those factories employed over 500 people when they were still in operation.

IF you just count the 75% of factories that employed 500 people or more that would come out to 15,900,000 jobs lost.

#7 The United States has lost a total of about 5.5 million manufacturing jobs since October 2000.

What is it? 15 million or 5 million? Did we leave 10 million people in the closed and locked factories to die just so they wouldn't be counted?

I smell BS.

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    I've been an "adult learner" for two years now and the article the OP posted is very typical of papers researched on the internet. Claim sources but never give them credit, facts contradict but if they fit there in. Since the author never cited any sources, we can not check the resource of the original facts used in the article. Since the article has no fact checking aids, why would you ever trust it is fact?

Original news articles don't cite sources because they are the source. Articles based on other reports need to cite those sources. All IMHO.

Top Bottom