Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Store Info:
    8300 E 96th St
    Fishers, IN 46037-9795
    (317) 578-4336

I just picked up 4 boxes (10.97 per box).

funny story how they came to have so many... apparently all it takes is a polite call to Corporate (on Tuesday) explaining that it doesn't make sense to have 2-4 boxes in each store scattered around the area. Maybe i'm not the only one that called or complained but i think it's an odd coincidence that 3 days later the same store now has 200+ boxes.

Anyway, i didn't want to greedy since i'd been searching unsuccessfully for the last 3 weeks, hope everyone else can enjoy it while it lasts!

Last edited:

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    @ the Fishers (East 96th st)

I just picked up 4 boxes (10.97 per box).

funny story how they came to have so many... apparently all it takes is a polite call to Corporate (on Tuesday) explaining that it doesn't make sense to have 2-4 boxes in each store scattered around the area. Maybe i'm not the only one that called or complained but i think it's an odd coincidence that 3 days later the same store now has 200+ boxes.

Anyway, i didn't want to greedy since i'd been searching unsuccessfully for the last 3 weeks, hope everyone else can enjoy it while it lasts!

Fabulous kind deed for your first post! I hope everyone in the Fishers area takes advantage of your kindness. :)

USMC1811

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have been to the Walmart at the I65 S exit every week for a month and they never have any 9MM. thanks for the info, I was going there tomorrow so now I will not be disapointed I hope. I did get one box of 100 count at Indy Trading Post's new store on S. Madison Ave. They have a great store and the person I talked to was fantastic.

dav92178

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Fabulous kind deed for your first post! I hope everyone in the Fishers area takes advantage of your kindness. :)

I figured the least I could do was share; especially since i'm not the only one feeling the pain of 9mm being in scarce supply. If i had known it was this bad, i probably would have bought a .40 or .45 instead. =Ð

also, FYI they are enforcing a limit of 4 boxes per customer & i recall the manager mentioning that the limit could drop to 2 boxes when the supply gets low again.

Trpanther

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Indianapolis
    also, FYI they are enforcing a limit of 4 boxes per customer & i recall the manager mentioning that the limit could drop to 2 boxes when the supply gets low again.
    Is that 4 total or 4 of each kind you need?
    9mm is not the only caliber I need.:dunno:

Trpanther

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Just an update I went to this walmart today,at 12pm(Sunday) I did not see any 22lr, 9mm,40 or 45. ammo.
    either they are sold out again or it is not in the ammo case. I looked behind the counter as well.
    Is there somewhere else I should look, at this location?

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    It is behind the counter. You have to ask for someone with the keys and be willing to wait for them if you go today. I just came back from there and they had a good supply of ammo available. 9mm WWB .40 Federal, WWB 357 mag jhp, Federal and Remington 550 packs of .22lr, .45 WWB jhp, 357 sig. I forget what else.

Trpanther

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It is behind the counter. You have to ask for someone with the keys and be willing to wait for them if you go today. I just came back from there and they had a good supply of ammo available. 9mm WWB .40 Federal, WWB 357 mag jhp, Federal and Remington 550 packs of .22lr, .45 WWB jhp, 357 sig. I forget what else.
    Thanks I will go back.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    I was just there 3 or 4 hours ago and the ammo cabinet was BARE... This is my normal walmart and from what I've been told they get most of their supply on Wed or Thurs.

dav92178

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Just an update I went to this walmart today,at 12pm(Sunday) I did not see any 22lr, 9mm,40 or 45. ammo.
    either they are sold out again or it is not in the ammo case. I looked behind the counter as well.
    Is there somewhere else I should look, at this location?

Sorry, I only wanted 9mm & it IS under the counter or in the back. The store had their display case broken (about 1 week ago?) the manager mentioned. You will need someone to unlock the counter for it. The manger informed me that they received a bulk order of 200 boxes that they been waiting to be filled since October.

If anyone has problems receiving ammo ask for either the Store Manager or their District Manager. The last thing they want to hear is you explain why you needed to call corporate and complain about them refusing to sell you something that was in stock.

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    I was just there 3 or 4 hours ago and the ammo cabinet was BARE... This is my normal walmart and from what I've been told they get most of their supply on Wed or Thurs.
    I was there 2 hours ago. It was beyond bare, hardly any ammo in sight. Hell, I might make a call about my local walmart and see how things go. :):

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Guys - 96th street walmart does not have ammo visible to the eye. You have to ask. Repeat - you have to ask. Yes, the glass on the usual display case broke and they had to UNLOAD all ammo from the usual case.

Ammo is stored in a locking cabinet under the sporting goods case. Don't look for it, you cannot see it. They have plenty of ammo at that location, no need to panic.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Yep Naptown's got it, the window on the right half of the display case shattered and a new one had to be ordered and installed. So for now, ammo is under the cash register counter and you have to ask for it.

Renegade1978

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Porter
    I know that this will probably anger some, but I got the most incredible Christmas present this year. A friend of mine who reloads ammo gave me 1600, that's right, 1600 rounds of 9mm. Woo Hoo!!

Top Bottom