• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VIETVET191

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    I bought a low numbered SA 1903 (not an 03-A3) a couple of years ago for $700 at the gun show in So Bend. I was afraid to shoot it. But it was re-barreled in 2-18 (serial # indicated it was mfg in 1912) so after a year or so I said "what the hell". It functioned perfectly. I couldn't hit anything with it so I stopped shooting. I found out just recently that the sights are set for 540 yrds with the ladder down (I was shooting 100 yrds). I now know how to set the sights for 100 yrds and I can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can try it.
    I was just like you, I wanted history and be able to shoot it. If I were you I'd get one soon, the prices are only going up.

gstanley102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Delphi
    Historically accurate guns go for a premium, but "sporterized" ones are still pretty inexpensive and are usually improved from a shooter's standpoint with better irons or a scope mount, a more comfortable stock, or both. They are very accurate rifles, and offer better accuracy than the majority of shooters can take advantage of.

At a gun show a few months ago a sporterized 1903 A3 spoke to me.
    We settled on $350, and it came home with me.

The job done by the smith is oustanding.
    It still has the original 1903A3 look with some upgrades.

Don't over look rescueing one of these.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    Very nice. I lost on a gunbroker auction on a beautiful RA 03A3 2 years ago. Wish I would have bid higher, I think it went for $700. One day I'll own one

Top Bottom