• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My guess is that the $82K pistol will be purchased by someone looking for something to impress buddies with more than for the investment. If that's the case, then the cost of impressing someone sure has gone up in some circles. Most folks I hang out with are impressed just by my remembering to shave once a week or so.

OD*

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Indiana
    There is already a 100 year anniversary gun on gunbroker and as of last night it was up to $82,000 plus. I haven't looked at it today I think it was what colt had at the shot show like a prototype for this year so I guess it would be number 1. Apparently there is a whole lot of people with more money than me because last time I looked 176 people were bidding on it. I also think ruger will release one this year they are suppose to be releasing a new pistol on there websight today or tommorrow so keep your eyes open.
    It will be at this years SHOT Show. Factory Engraved 100th Anniversary Colt 1911 : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

gunwh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Charles daily is doing a give away with a magazine co. for there 100 yr. anniversary model. I put my intry in a week or two ago. And sorry guys I cant remember for the life of me whitch magazine is doing it. as soon as i find that issue again ill let you all know.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    Hey, thanks for spoiling 'my little Colt bash'. Party pooper.
    This third option Colt would be the best version that they are offering IMO. I do find it unfortunate that Kimber seems to be providing a better (accessible to the average person, sort of) higher-end option than Colt....

I do what I can. :rockwoot:

It's YOUR money so feel free to buy the Kimber and compare it's value to the Colt (3rd choice down) in twenty years and see which one is worth more (hint: starts with "C"). :cool:

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    All I can say is that I am totally blown away with how much this thing is going for. I like guns as much as the next guy, but these people must have more money then brains...because I could think of more useful things to get with 82 grand then one handgun. :dunno: But that's just me..:D

:rolleyes: It's a CHARITY auction. No one including Colt) is claiming this pistol is worth $80k+. The bidding has little to do with the value of the package. It has to do with raising money for charity. Does that meet your standard for "useful things" ?

Top Bottom