• ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Wow, troll much?

I generally carry a full sized Kimber TLE II concealed, though I do occasionally OC it because it is too pretty to hide. I carry at about 5 o'clock and have only been spotted once - by a fellow leader who carries regularly as well.
    This!! Heck yes!
    I've been carrying a full size 1911 for decades. Easy to conceal but there's times I do so love showing off some of my "Pretty" ones.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    This was my ride today... 4" barrel, compact frame, IWB with a long-sleeved Tshirt over it.
    Yeah, it's doable.

CompactCDPII.jpg

Damn, I carry a girl's gun.;) Mine, today, is OWB in a leather slide type holster with an untucked polo shirt over it.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I've been carrying a 5" Government model for years. I just picked up a 4" model and it's a little easier still to carry concealed, but the 5" is perfectly viable.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I have carried a Colt Double Eagle 45 (double action), same size as a 1911, but heavier as it is SS, for over 20 years. I use an inside the pants Uncle Mike holster and carry in the small of my back. These guns are quite thin and in my opinion easier to conceal and carry than a revolver or "plastic" gun. Only time it gives me any issue is when driving for long distances, then I take it out and lay it on the floor of my van.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I actually like carrying a 1911 IWB. The 1911 is slimmer than most 9mm double stack or a Glock. I also carry an extra Mag in the little pocket in my jeans since the mags are so slim it fits nice

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have carried a 1911 for more years than my kids have had birthdays. My oldest is over 40. If you have a good holster that fits the gun and your body shape and carry in the 12-2, 4-6, 6-8, or 10-12 and have loose fitting garments that are large enough to fall below the bottom of the lowest part of the gun.

Reapermaxx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Only time I would carry mine is this time of year. Too big to conceal effectively in the warmer months. I use a paddle holster and just wear my coat over it. Jacket hangs down and covers barrel . I have a full size SIG with rails.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    With a good OWB holster that keeps it tucked in close and an untucked shirt or jacket, they can be carried concealed quite well. The key is a good holster and loose clothing.

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    i carry a full size 1911 Government Model every day...in the summer, i wear a "wife beater" under a loose t-shirt and a nice IWB or AIWB holster. The wife beater keeps the leather and grips from rubbing my sides raw. It also helps keep perspiration from rusting out the grip screws or anythng that might touch my body...nothing is better than a 1911 with a little holster shine on it from age

GONZO!!!

Big Ram

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    My first pistol was a 1911. I conceal carried it all the time even in the summer with shorts and a t shirt. I'm a bigger guy but its doable if you don't mind having a barrel and thumb safety digging into your back and butt.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    anyone conceal carry a 1911? too big?

In the winter months I CC my para warthog OWB holster though I do have an IWB should I feel that is necessary. Usually a shirt over it and then an overshirt unzipped. Sometimes my shirt tucked in so only one cover garment with the overshirt. Usually works fine except the one time I had my keys in the pocket on that side, picked something off the floor in the restaurant as I was leaving and as I stood up my hand swung back and hit the pocket with the keys and the overshirt flew open completely showing the warthog. No ensuing panics, though I heard one lady say very calmly, oh goodness. This was in KY, not sure how the reaction would be in NW Indiana where I live but I OC here in the warmer months with little problem.

Top Bottom