• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Springfield Armory Range Officer Elite. Springfield makes it in the Officer's Model size, has good sights, Black-T finish. It also has some other neat things about it. Please consider.

Cspaulding

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2018
    Greensboro
    My EDC is a Sig Scorpion 1911 carry. I love how the gun handles and fires. The only drawback, in my opinion, is the weight. I carried a Sig P6 for many years before switching to the 1911.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I really like the looks of my Colt Officer's ACP and it fits in my hand great, plus it's easy enough to carry.
    But it's a S.O.B. to tear down, it's no fun to shoot (at all! lol) and the weight makes me feel like I might as well just carry the full size. With a good belt and holster, I can hardly tell the difference...except in the length of the grip when sitting/driving - but the difference is negligible.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Glad to hear....:)

I would tell you about the awesome early stainless steel Colt 1911 series 80 I had for six months but five of that six months it was at a gunsmith getting it to run...It never did...

Their early attempts at stainless steel sucked bad....:)

Was it the stainless steel that made it suck, or the fact that it was a Series 80? I bought a Parkerized Series 80 shortly after they came out, and it was horrible.
    It was by far the worst 1911 I've ever owned.

bob190e

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2010
    Valparaiso
    I switch off between my Les Baer Custom Carry and Kimber Warrior SOC both are government length and both have Milt Sparks Holsters and I am using a Johnston Gun Leather belt. With this stup I dont
    really notice the weight.

CZ Top

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Vigo Co.
    Wow. Ol' Poke, you clearly have options! So many dang good 1911s to choose from. I'm glad to see the DW love too, that's where I've settled. Mostly, ;)
    Main carry for me is the ECO along with several others here it seems. Great option for me, shoots great, rock solid dependable, perfect size and weight, excellent balance of all carry considerations. I've worked my way through several others to get to the ECO and it's gonna be real hard to beat.
    Good luck looking for your next one!

Top Bottom