• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • prostate

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Greencastle, IN
    Got a good deal for a nice combat elite at the gunshow. From what I've learned about this pistol - Colt combat elite, it has novak sights. Out of curiosity, I took the gun and tried to check out the sights in the dark. I compared them to my other 1911 with meprolights and this one was barely visible in the dark. Can anyone advice me regarding any experiences with this problem? Do I get in touch with Colt, since this is a brand new gun or should I get in touch with Novak?
    lg

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Handgun, you don't need sights in low level of light when you are in a situation in a room anyway. Be old school, and just point and shoot. I have trijicon sights on 1 handgun, and they are useless unless you are trying to put rounds in paper at night.

I will say I love my Novac three dots on the range.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Handgun, you don't need sights in low level of light when you are in a situation in a room anyway. Be old school, and just point and shoot. I have trijicon sights on 1 handgun, and they are useless unless you are trying to put rounds in paper at night.

:laugh:
    Got'a agree.....haha!.....good point.
    Never could grab the idea all these dudes got'a have all them 'spensive sights....on a carry weapon...if ya need to draw/defend,it's gonna take place in 5 feet or less....most times......if ya can't stop'm when that happens....they'll take it away and kill ya with it anyways....my :twocents: .....

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010

I don't buy into them either, but they aren't really for night, per say. Its the hour of dusk and dawn where there's still enough light to see a target but small details of sights are lost. But then so is PID, maybe....
    They're still good for lining up the sights perfectly at night, but that's not really the most practical or safe way to employ a weapon in the dark. Flashlights--which probably render night sights useless-- are a better bet all around.

Regarding the OP, was the gun bought from a dealer, private sale, or perhaps from a specific Colt dealer? The sights will fade over time, regardless of the brand, but there's always a chance someone just put old faded night sights on a new gun to be able to say "it has night sights", or maybe they wanted brighter night sights on their old gun. :dunno:
    Otherwise, I'd contact Colt first. I'd compare it to any product you buy at walmart....the return goes through the store, not the company that made an individual item. Colt can address it to Novak on their next contract negotiations.

Top Bottom