• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Revopop

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Evansville, the Shallow South
    I carry IWB, but I have a couple Comp-tac paddle holsters for my 1911s i use at the range and USPSA/IDPA matches, and I find them far superior to any other paddle holsters I've tried. Instead of one middle hook they have 2 outside hooks, so the paddle is much more stable and also easier to take off and put on. The whole holster, paddle and all, is a single piece of kydex, so the whole thing is more svelte and rides closer to the body.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Granted, I haven't tried every paddle holster out there. The ones I have tried, however, migrate. Maybe a little, maybe a lot, but they all move around a bit and that makes it harder to get a consistent grip on every draw. It also makes it aggravating on the range when you have to keep pushing it back into place. (My draw stroke is modeled on Ron Avery's, and is pushing forward on the firearm slightly as it clears the holster to make it pop forward and to avoid wasting time going to high before starting to move forward, which tends to show you real quickly if a holster won't stay put.)

CWELLS1313

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 28, 2014
    Indianapolis
    also depnds on the 1911 you get even if you going to carry it you get a nice Kimber or something you want to carry and keep pristine may need to spend a little more and get something soft lined

Top Bottom