• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IUBrink

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I've found that the RIA 1911 is the best 1911 for my budget, but there is one thing that I'm not a fan of: it's finish.

rock-island-armory-1911-1.jpg

1911b1.jpg

RIA have this parkerized gray finish while I'm looking for a black 1911. Is there any way I can order one in black, or are there any other budget 1911s that are available in this sleek black finish?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The RIA line has gray, black and stainless. I'm sure your gun store can order one for you.

twostepadin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Rockville Indiana
    is that a picture you took? (of the ria) because the ones i have seen/messed with are the same parkerizing, but much darker than that. kindve a flat black if you will.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I'm looking for a black 1911. Is there any way I can order one in black, or are there any other budget 1911s that are available in this sleek black finish?

My ATI was a less $$ than my RIA by a considerable $50-60 bucks. The finish was similar...but I think the ATI was actually a little better. Here's a pic of mine and a better comparison of my RIA (bottom left) and ATI (bottom right) side by side.

Browse ATI's site and see what else you can come up with...they might be an option for you.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    I've found that the RIA 1911 is the best 1911 for my budget, but there is one thing that I'm not a fan of: it's finish.

RIA have this parkerized gray finish while I'm looking for a black 1911. Is there any way I can order one in black, or are there any other budget 1911s that are available in this sleek black finish?

Before you take my first suggestion, consider this. If you sell the RIA and buy something else, you will probably lose some funds on the deal, plus you may have to wait, deal with paperwork, transfer fees and just general hassle factor.

So unless you are carrying the gun everyday, you could just have it refinished. Heck if you a modicum of skill, you could do it yourself.

IUBrink

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Thanks for all of the help guys. I think I'll take some time to browse through all of those sites and get my ducks in a row. :draw:

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Before you take my first suggestion, consider this. If you sell the RIA and buy something else, you will probably lose some funds on the deal, plus you may have to wait, deal with paperwork, transfer fees and just general hassle factor.

So unless you are carrying the gun everyday, you could just have it refinished. Heck if you a modicum of skill, you could do it yourself.

I don't think he has bought the RIA yet...

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    The park job looks dry to me, wonder if it has ever been oiled? Sure makes a difference in the appearance as far as darkening the finish. Worth a try.

Top Bottom