• ...and so much more!
  • Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I have a 1911 frame assembly that I wasn’t using. I decided to get a new slide and slide internals to make it a complete 1911. The slide is a Remington R1 Enhanced in 9mm. Im having trouble finding a firing pin that fits the small firing pin hole. Reading online it seems 1911 firing pins come in two general sizes, a larger .090 tip usually used in standard .45 slides and a smaller .069 tip usually used in 9mm slides. The firing pin hole in my Remington R1 Enhanced slide is between .066-.067. The smaller fining pin won’t fit. I found a .065 firing pin from Ed Brown that should fit. But how much clearance should there be between the firing pin and the firing pin hole? Is .001-.002” enough clearance or will the firing pin need turned down further? Or am I looking at this the wrong way and instead the firing pin hole in the slide should be opened up? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I think I answered my own question. It just dawned on me “take apart your other 1911 and measure the fining pin and hole”. Duh. Sometimes the answer just stares us in the face. My other 1911 has a .069 firing pin and the firing pin hole is .071 making a .002 difference.

Top Bottom