• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkhoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Found this on another board. Not ground breaking but interesting that the XD and 1911 are very close.

GripAngles.jpg

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Not to disregard the OP, the link actually isn't working for me, but I have seen the comparison somewhere else. Interesting, but I still can't get into all the "grip angle" discussion myself. I pick up the gun, focus on the front sight and squeeze. All regardless of the angle.

It might, however explain why some are Glock buyers and some are XD buyers. I don't know.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Not to disregard the OP, the link actually isn't working for me, but I have seen the comparison somewhere else. Interesting, but I still can't get into all the "grip angle" discussion myself. I pick up the gun, focus on the front sight and squeeze. All regardless of the angle.

It might, however explain why some are Glock buyers and some are XD buyers. I don't know.

It was a necro thread from 3 years ago.....

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Agreed. Regardless of the model, the procedure for getting lead on target is the same. Having said that, 1911s and XDms point more naturally for me than Glocks, which is why I prefer the former. But with the popularity of Gaston's guns, I freely admit I must be in the minority.

Top Bottom