• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pillsbury1983

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Thanks for everyones input. I've mentioned my desire to get a 1911, so for my birthday my brother went out and bought a slide and frame for me. He forgot I'm not a gunsmith, but because of the thought put in the gift, I want to find out where to send them so I can eventually have a working pistol.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Everyone has their personal preferences but, it really depends on who you are looking to have build it. I would not spend the money on a high dollar builder b/c they usually start with their own parts which are typically over-sized and they work them to fit they way they want.

If you already have the parts, any local gunsmith should be just fine. And the turn around time will most likely be much shorter....

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    If you are going to do it yourself...beg/borrow or steal a copy of AGI's Colt 1911 .45 Auto pistol armoer's course on DVD. It runs 111 minutes and is worth it.

Jerry Kuhnhausen used to put out an excellent book too but I haven't seen a copy in years.

pillsbury1983

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    If you are going to do it yourself...beg/borrow or steal a copy of AGI's Colt 1911 .45 Auto pistol armoer's course on DVD. It runs 111 minutes and is worth it.

Jerry Kuhnhausen used to put out an excellent book too but I haven't seen a copy in years.

I'm a full time college student and I recently was offered a job in another state working 12 hour shifts 3 days a week. So between studying, working, traveling and making time for family the last thing I want to do is start studying another subject.

Top Bottom