• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    My brother in-law is looking for a 1911 in 22. He asked me for info and I have no idea about 1911 in 22. Let me know about the good, bad, and ugly. Handgun wise he only has a Ruger in 45. Thanks for your help.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I like the GSG1911, which is a little cheaper than the SIG branded version of the same gun. Also available is the Browning version, which is slightly under scale and the Colt version, made by Umarex. I've only shot the GSG, which I own.

An alternative route is to purchase a conversion upper slide and barrel which would fit right onto his Ruger (if it is the Ruger 1911, of course).

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I bought a Browning Buckmark some years back because it had a similar feel to my 1911. Back then there might have been 1911's in .22 but they were not as popular as they are today.

All that being said, why not drop a few extra and get an entry level 1911 in .45 and then also get the .22 conversion barrel and magazine?
    If it is because of the $ involved, yes, I understand. But I have seen SIG mosquitoes going for almost as much and in some cases more then a Rock Island .45.
    Just my opinion of course.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I have a GSG and LOVE it. I have shot about 1500 rounds through it and had 0 problems.

All that being said, why not drop a few extra and get an entry level 1911 in .45 and then also get the .22 conversion barrel and magazine?

I am waiting for my first suppressor, maybe his buddy has a suppressor and wants a new host?

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    The browning is nice , but its just too small and expensive, the SiG is the gsg with an additional 75 bucks on the price tag, and the colt , is nice , but costs an addition 50-75 bucks over the sig. I got a gsg, cost me 350 with a fake supressor and rail on the frame in case i wanted to mount a light or what not. Its a blast to shoot.

Chkline

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Anderson
    I have the Colt by Umarex, and have been very pleased with it so far. It is very accurate, and a real pleasure to shoot. I don't get to shoot near as often as I would like, but it is always the first gun I reach for when I go...

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    I asked an employee at a shop today about the GSG and Sig 1911 22 because they had both of them. He said they weren't the same. They looked the same but the color of the frame was a little different. What's your thoughts or opinions? My brother in-law seems to be set on a sig but the GSG was a good amount less.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    They are, for all intents and purposes, the same gun. The SIG licensing costs a bit more. The paint on the SIG is a little different. That's it, really. I guess you could argue that with the SIG you get SIG customer service versus ATI customer service; but the one time I dealt with ATI customer service (for a replacement bushing which had been redesigned) I was perfectly satisfied.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Agree

Stay away from the Chiappa. I had one for awhile and it wasn't reliable at all. There are better out there for the money.
    I have a Chiappa, and there is one good thing about them. If you ever wanted to be a gun smith, you will get plenty of experience owning a Chiappa. I have spent more time working on mine, than I have shooting it.
    I must say however, that with around 2800 rounds in mine, it is now working perfectly - go figure.
    They are still a poor excuse for a 22LR pistol.
    To bad, because the CS people at Chiappa really do try and help you.
    Please note, there was a problem with the magazines that originally came with many Chiappa's. They changed the composition of the magazine, and since I got a new one, it has made a big difference.
    Chiappa sent me mine for free.

Top Bottom