• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Many of you may be aware that last weekend Larry Vickers and Ken Hackathorn hosted the first of 3 special handgusn classes celebrating the history of the 1911.

I was fortunate enough to be able to attend this unique historical tribute to one of the great handguns of the world....what a trip....

Rather than bore you with my own observations, if you are a 1911 enthusiast, you should check out the AAR in the Vickers section of M4Carbine.net (Vickers/Hackathorn Centennial 1911 Class AAR - M4Carbine.net Forums) ...
    A must review for any real 1911 fan....:rockwoot:

Last edited:

twostepadin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Rockville Indiana
    ken and LAV are some of the best at what they do. dispite what any printer repairman might tell you. im sad that i wont be able to make any of these. but really hope to get a handgun class in with ken before he finally decides to retire.

based on the pictures it seems to me they got down to the very nuts and bolts of the operation. impressed by that.

also impressed by anyone who will show up and take a serious weapons course, in a wheelchair.

huge kudos.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If you are a 1911 fan you have to check this out.....

I wont bore any of you by bumping this again....but it was a great piece of 1911 history for the true 1911 officianado:twocents:

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Bill Wilson, owner of Wilson Combat was there and he ran a commander sized 1911. A couple of the ladies ran 9mm and one guy ran a .22 conersion the second day.:ar15:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Who's for Our Own 1911 Celebration?

Searched the and found this thread thought I'd make the suggestion. Wish I had a place to hold it or I would. How many of you would like to have an all 1911 Day? My sugestion for a date would be Veterans Day. Enough time to plan, and won't iterfere with Deer season.

Top Bottom