• LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Wilson Combat "Tactical Assault" holster,

Maxpedition "Liger" belts.

Another choice of holster would be a Milt Sparks 5BN (if you can find them) or something on that order.

The fun is in the shopping.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    If you know what you want, the best place I have found to buy holsters has been on EBay. There is some really good deals on high end holsters that you would wait months for otherwise. As long as its in good condition no reason to not get a holster already broke in :twocents:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    SEXY!!! I would like to get something like this for my S&W model 66 stainless. Love the old wheel guns and I want to carry it but cant find just the right holster.

They actually have some nice wheel gun holsters too. I would check them out. And I believe you can dress up any holster model they offer...with exotic hides if you wish....

Stevenson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Noblesville, In
    I'm liking those Adams holsters...how long did it take to get it from placing your order to receiving it? I hear some places 6 months to a year wait.

I ordered mine 1 week ago. I got an email saying he would start his next "batch" 2/1 and I would have both by the end of Feb. So, just over a month is great for custom handmade leather.

luke213

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    I ordered mine 1 week ago. I got an email saying he would start his next "batch" 2/1 and I would have both by the end of Feb. So, just over a month is great for custom handmade leather.

Hey Doug I just happened upon your post when I was looking up discussion of my holsters and hit your post. I wanted to just give you a note there are two holster makers with Adams in the name. Adams Holsters(which is me, Luke Adams), and Adams Leatherworks(Eric I believe is the owner/leatherworker, he goes by particle on most forums). Either way I read your note that lead times were a month and thought you had ordered with me went looking through my orders to find your name to clear up that my lead is longer than a month and realized that you meant Adams Leatherworks rather than Adams Holsters. Either way just wanted to make sure that Eric is getting credit etc and that we're not mixed up;) We do get mixed up from time to time on forums and even once I had a dummy gun from Ring's in Florida ship to me that should have gone to him etc. So not a problem, but I thought you'd want to know so guys get the right site and don't get confused;)

Take care and enjoy your new rig when you get it, he makes great gear!

Luke Adams
    luke@adamsholsters.com

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Here's my kimber...

032f1f79.jpg

All steel, so it's heavy. I got a heavy duty gun reinforced gun belt, but the cheap nylon IWB holster I got cause my kimber to dig into my side...painful, gotta get a better gun holster.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Here's my kimber...

I got a heavy duty gun reinforced gun belt, but the cheap nylon IWB holster

I agree you need leather.
    I've never understood why people will shell out several hundred dollars for a fine gun...and then put it in a twenty dollar holster. :dunno:

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    If you know what you want, the best place I have found to buy holsters has been on EBay. There is some really good deals on high end holsters that you would wait months for otherwise. As long as its in good condition no reason to not get a holster already broke in :twocents:

I agree. I got this barely used Versa Max II for what they charge on the MS website with no waiting. I love this thing.

6814731215_91e1b44108.jpg

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I agree. I got this barely used Versa Max II for what they charge on the MS website with no waiting. I love this thing.

6814731215_91e1b44108.jpg
    wtfd661 let me try his for awhile... The sweat guard at the top is angled kinda funny or something, because it digs. (Just the top corner of it)
    I think it would either be better if it was a bigger "guard" piece (backing more of the gun), or not there at all.
    I will say it's excellently crafted, though!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Yea nylon holsters are no good for heavy guns! I've been eyeing this thread as well, looking for a good leather OWB for my Govt models. I have several 1911 holsters and they all work well for OC but I would like one that cants a bit and can be somewhat concealed with a light jacket or sweatshirt. My lgs has several, just have to find time to go look. I've been browsing the web, that Kirpatrick website has some nice options. :yesway:

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    wtfd661 let me try his for awhile... The sweat guard at the top is angled kinda funny or something, because it digs. (Just the top corner of it)
    I think it would either be better if it was a bigger "guard" piece (backing more of the gun), or not there at all.
    I will say it's excellently crafted, though!

I noticed that mine was kind of sticking out then I realized it was because of my extended slide release. I put the original back on and it's all good. I think the size of the sweat guard it exactly right. I don't like holsters that don't have one and some I've seen aren't even shaped like the pistol.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Top Bottom