• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've got two extra mags that just have colt .45 auto stamped on them without the colt emblem. I know I did not pay much for them cause I bought them right after I bought my Colt, and I was broke and needed xtra mags for shooting pins. Probably GI's, but the work fine in mine with hard ball, haven't shot much HP out of them but they seem to work fine. Found them at the 1500.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Agreed on the Wilson mags ,Bought one in 2001& has always performed,bought 3 more since.Stay away from promag & little known manufacturers & should you run across a good deal on GI Issue mags (7 rd) you cant go wrong with those either. Chip MCcormick & shooting star are also good choices for 8 rd but try a few out or find someone that has an ample supply of 1911 mags to try out,these are usually the most reasonably priced mags out there as well by all manufacturers

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The magazines in a 1911 drop free when you hit the release,

Is that so?:D We can only hope.;)

I've had to rip a few out over the course of my shooting days, especially when the magazine ceases to exist and you just have the shell in the weapon! (Remember, magazines, just like firearms, magically cease to exist).

See that? It can happen to you.

Buy two or three of some of the quality stuff out there: Metalform, Wilson, Les Baer, inter alia. See what works in your gun and then buy an Obama of them once you figure out what your gun likes, then buy multiple copies of the same gun.

I prefer Les Baer and Metalform, both 7 rounders.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Just bought a Kimber CDP and added a KimPro 8 rd mag. Looks like the teflon coating is already scraping off but time will tell if that leads to any problems. I've been told that Wilson and CMC Powermags are both excellent mags as well.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Seriously did the welds fail?

I believe you are correct, 60. (No, I do not replace springs, you silly goose).

We were shooting at Eagle Creek and the bottom fell out. The ROs were quite impressed at my gear destroying skills.:D

As well, my brother and I were shooting at Wildcat and the follower from a Metalform came out the top of a 1911 like a Garand clip.:D My powers know no bounds.

So, 60, can I shoot your guns?:):

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    So, 60, can I shoot your guns?:):

Kirk, you are clearly a scholar and a gentleman, as well as a card carrying JMB fan who appears to have a penchant for torture testing 1911 Mags! As such you are more than welcome to shoot my hardware any time our paths cross at Eagle Creek. It is far better to discover mechanical problems in training/practice then when you really need your equipment to run in a worst case scenario.

Cheers, Jim

salamander42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Is that so?:D We can only hope.;)

I've had to rip a few out over the course of my shooting days, especially when the magazine ceases to exist and you just have the shell in the weapon! (Remember, magazines, just like firearms, magically cease to exist).

See that? It can happen to you.

Buy two or three of some of the quality stuff out there: Metalform, Wilson, Les Baer, inter alia. See what works in your gun and then buy an Obama of them once you figure out what your gun likes, then buy multiple copies of the same gun.

I prefer Les Baer and Metalform, both 7 rounders.

LOL

Point well taken, sir. Although, my point still stands too. . . a base pad on that magazine wouldn't have helped remove what was left in the gun. ;)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It is far better to discover mechanical problems in training/practice then when you really need your equipment to run in a worst case scenario.

A man after my own heart. Now, if you start quoting Jeff Cooper or Clint Smith, we are going to the sock hop and then for a malt.:D

Although, my point still stands too. . . a base pad on that magazine wouldn't have helped remove what was left in the gun.

That one, you are are right.;) The base plate was at the feet of Disposible Heart and he just kicked it back to me.

No, but if the mag is stuck in the weapon, one can use his pinky and hook the lip of the base plate and yank it out. However, with my long, skinny piano player hands I can grab the small bumper pad on Les Baer mags and yank them out that way.

Top Bottom