• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Just bought myself a park finsh Mil Spec Springfield 1911 my first 1911 and im in love with it..... now i want more mags but there are so many out there i have no idea which ones are any count and what they are worth... im only looking for the standard 7 round single stacked mags... any one know which ones i should buy or some good links to order from?

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I stick with the Wilson 47 7 round magazines. No problems whatsoever.

I like Wilson Combat stuff, too. They're pricey, though. Finely made. I love stroking my magazines, putting my big .45 rounds in them, taking them out, putting them in again. Oh yeah.

Da Bing

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Colt mags seem to work fine for my son. He has a Rock Island. They run around $10 here.
    I have good luck with Colts, but never seen one for $10. If they say "Colt" it does not guarantee the brand. They will usually read "Colt 45 Auto" and be a knockoff. Colt have a picture of a horse and a letter in the corner. If u did find them Colt brand for $10 I would be all over it.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I have a Kimber and a Springfield. Chip McCormick is my favorite for each. Wilson's get a lot of good press, and I own some. I fail to see the advantage over McCormick's.

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    CDNN

i bought 5 7rd mags from them for like..$10 each (maybe less? i cant remember) the mags are great, havent had any problems, i think they were metalform, whatever was cheap, i plan on buying again at some point.

dr632

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2010
    Brown County
    My 1911 coach encouraged me go with the Wilson ETMs - which I have dozens now. I have a few 47's and they work fine.

The real reason for my post is to encourage you to consider not thrifting on your magazine purchase - buy quality. If you plan to carry this pistol, a few bucks saved won't seem like a great idea if you have problems if you ever have to turn this thing on in a tough spot and the "cheap & cheerful" brand malfunctions. Also, I've been coached to have carry mags and range mags, i.e., I was taught to make sure the carry mags run then only use them for carry ... and use the range designated mags for training, practice, etc. So, if you think this is a good idea as well, you might consider adding a few more to your purchase to have carry-only designated mags.

I've bought most of my ETM's when I see sales. I've purchased from both Wilson Combat directly and Buds had them on sale a few years ago (haven't seen them on sale since then).

Hope this helps - I doubt you will regret buying a quality magazine.

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    I've had excellent results with the 7 round Metalform mags from CDNN. The last time I looked the blued version was $9.99. Metalform website here

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    My 1911 coach encouraged me go with the Wilson ETMs - which I have dozens now. I have a few 47's and they work fine.

The real reason for my post is to encourage you to consider not thrifting on your magazine purchase - buy quality. If you plan to carry this pistol, a few bucks saved won't seem like a great idea if you have problems if you ever have to turn this thing on in a tough spot and the "cheap & cheerful" brand malfunctions. Also, I've been coached to have carry mags and range mags, i.e., I was taught to make sure the carry mags run then only use them for carry ... and use the range designated mags for training, practice, etc. So, if you think this is a good idea as well, you might consider adding a few more to your purchase to have carry-only designated mags.

I've bought most of my ETM's when I see sales. I've purchased from both Wilson Combat directly and Buds had them on sale a few years ago (haven't seen them on sale since then).

Hope this helps - I doubt you will regret buying a quality magazine.

+1 on ETM'S.....

Top Bottom