• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    I am looking to replace the MSH and add a magwell to my SA Loaded stainless.

The problem I am running into is that most of the magwells have a brushed stainless look and the Loaded is more shiny, polished look.

I was looking at the S&A magwells as well as the Ed Brown Maxi-Well.

Does anyone have some pics of a stainless 1911 with the brushed look magwells? Or a suggestion of a magwell that looks similar to the finish on the loaded.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    dawson-ice-magwell-for-stisv-2T.jpg

Dawson precision ICE magwell.

Last edited:

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    You can also polish any of the magwells you may get, I have done it to many parts for my 1911's I got in the past all you need is fine sandpaper and some metal polish and you can almost get a mirror finish.

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    Never thought about polishing the mag well. I finally found a few pics of the satin finish mag wells installed on the 1911 I have and they actually looked pretty good, the match the satin parts on the gun so I might order one.

That evolution gun works one looks pretty good as well and it is priced right.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    My magwell has a satin finish but the sides of my PM9 have a high polish finish and still looks good, just like you I wanted an S&A but it was out of stock and basically the Brown and the EGW are the same concept but the EGW is less expensive and still great quality and I'm very happy with my purchase.

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    I checked out a few places and the EGW seems to be out of stock. Might just go with the Ed Brown. I read some more on the S&A and they all seem to have a slight gap between the magwell and the frame.

Top Bottom