• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vermilionbird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    Oct 17, 2020
    South Bend
    Did some dehorning on the frame. Updates are gonna roll in pretty sporadically this month and the next since I'm on break.

HdraQOv.jpg

yipJj9u.jpg

JtuWktd.jpg

vermilionbird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    Oct 17, 2020
    South Bend
    The stock bushing on the Springfield was really loose. It rattled when it sat in the slide and its inner diameter was also much larger than the barrel's diameter. I decided to replace it with an EGW angle bore bushing by sending in my measurements and having them cut it to the right dimensions. My goal was to get the bushing finger tight in the slide but as snug as I could get it around the barrel. As it came, the bushing was a little too tight to go into the slide so a bit of sandpaper and JB bore paste got it to how I wanted it. It was actually spot on in its inner diameter and it slipped over the barrel very snug and didn't show any signs of barrel springing. I still want to dehorn the edges of the bushing but I'm much happier with this than I was with the stock bushing!

za0QSTN.jpg

kp3NPQZ.jpg

vermilionbird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    Oct 17, 2020
    South Bend
    Cut the secondary angle on the sear; 1/3 secondary, 2/3 primary. From there, I set the sear spring pressure on the disconnector to be 2 lb before adding the rest of the fire control parts and ending up at my goal trigger pull weight of 4.5 lb. This was done according to the pretty basic techniques in the 10-8 duty tune video so it's not really a full "trigger job." However, it is a pretty crisp trigger that I'm happy with :).

0YDOtgB.jpg

pFB2mLd.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The stock bushing on the Springfield was really loose. It rattled when it sat in the slide and its inner diameter was also much larger than the barrel's diameter. I decided to replace it with an EGW angle bore bushing by sending in my measurements and having them cut it to the right dimensions. My goal was to get the bushing finger tight in the slide but as snug as I could get it around the barrel. As it came, the bushing was a little too tight to go into the slide so a bit of sandpaper and JB bore paste got it to how I wanted it. It was actually spot on in its inner diameter and it slipped over the barrel very snug and didn't show any signs of barrel springing. I still want to dehorn the edges of the bushing but I'm much happier with this than I was with the stock bushing!

za0QSTN.jpg

kp3NPQZ.jpg

Snug can be OK but the barrel will get hot.

vermilionbird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    Oct 17, 2020
    South Bend
    I'm out of town so I won't be able to provide any new updates for awhile but I was able to snap a few pics of the build so far before I left. Still a few steps to go and the slide is at Novak's right now to get milled for a front sight but we're getting pretty close!

VW4iG9K.jpg

oPA0s3p.jpg

vermilionbird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    Oct 17, 2020
    South Bend
    And I'm back - big update: it did not blow up! Total of 100 rds fired today. 75 rds were Sig FMJ and 25 rds were my carry ammo, Remington Golden Saber 230gr. All the golden sabers were fed as the top round out of the magazine and the only magazine I use is the 7rd Wilson 47. I also fired 7 rounds of the FMJ in the extractor test and it passed just fine. Prior to this range trip I already did 20 reps of the slow feed test using the Golden Sabers so I'm feeling pretty good about how this gun feeds.

The only weak link here was me, as I'm not the greatest shot lol

aB6wKyf.jpg

vermilionbird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    Oct 17, 2020
    South Bend
    I put a Wilson 298B beavertail on my Springfield Operator which already has the Wilson compound radius cut from the factory. This is my first time taking a file to a beavertail grip safety so it's a work in progress. Everything was done with files but it went pretty quick.

Before:
    JmeT9Nt.jpg

After:
    gXEN5cs.jpg

8O8cq8y.jpg

0tjEREW.jpg

Top Bottom