• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkulick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Hobart,IN
    Hey I'm looking for a every day 1911, nothing fancy. I have narrowed it down to the Remington R1 enhanced or the Springfield Armory Range Officer. If anybody ownes one or has an opinion I would love to hear it. Thanks

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The Springfield Range Officer is a far superior 1911. Bullseye shooters are reporting out of the box accuracy of 3" and under, ten shot groups at 50 yards. It has adjustable sights and other amenities that make it a bargain.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hands down, the range officer. My son and I both own range officers (he bought one of mine as I had 3)
    Out of the box for the money it is the best 1911 offered in it's class. Fit and finish are top shelf as is the slide to frame fit at least on the 3 I have owned. I used one as a platform for a steel gun and found no reason to do any trigger work on it.
    No knock on the RI but the Springer is the best choice between the 2. As always, JMHO

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    66   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown

I have the Remington R-1 Enhanced, been really busy this year so I've only shot about 400 rnds through it ! Hits everything I've aimed it at with in 25 yrds .I think it groups pretty well or at least as good as I can shot it .Havent shot the range officer so cant really compair side by side

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    I have a R1E and like it a lot , but given the choice between these two the SA would win in my book too.

getem2011

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Lake County
    Hey I'm looking for a every day 1911, nothing fancy. I have narrowed it down to the Remington R1 enhanced or the Springfield Armory Range Officer. If anybody ownes one or has an opinion I would love to hear it. Thanks

Go with the Range Officer. Springfield stands behind there products 150%. Even if you were to break the gun they would likely fix it or replace for FREE

Top Bottom