• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    I just traded a member for a RIA 1911 A1 yesterday, and it has the front blade sight and I would like to put night sights on it, but the front sight isn't dove tailed. So do I have a gunsmith dove tail my slide, or what do I do?

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Not to hard to cut a sight dovetail......if you have access to a mill. I may be able to help with that

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    They also make sights for the tennon style front sight like the gi has. look for sight that fit a colt series 70, RIA uses the smaller tenon that those do.

I would recommend a gun smith put on the trigicon or other night sight ones so you dont crack them. A normal staking tool supposedly will not work with those.

I just did a bit of looking for my compact with GI sights too. Search around the 1911 forums, tons of info.

BarryJaxon

Shooter
    Rating - 50%
    0   1   1
    Feb 23, 2011
    A normal staking tool will work,but if no experience with one it might be better to pay.:twocents:but if your gonna go the milling route you should have front and rear done as the RIA`s Novak look alikes are just a little different!Not a true Novak cut.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    another option is send the slide to Novak sights and they will do the whole job

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Buy the sight from NOVAK and send them the slide .No FFI involved they will cut dovetail for $35.00 the last time i talked to them.

Top Bottom