• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HollidaySlim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Well as the title suggest....anyone know who (if anyone) around Indy has a decent selection of 1911's (pretty broad question right??)

Specifically looking for a Springfield Full frame 5" but also considering Colt, Kimber, and Sig.

Indiana Gun Club was said to have a decent selection but they never answer the phone. :(

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Well as the title suggest....anyone know who (if anyone) around Indy has a decent selection of 1911's (pretty broad question right??)

Specifically looking for a Springfield Full frame 5" but also considering Colt, Kimber, and Sig.

Indiana Gun Club was said to have a decent selection but they never answer the phone. :(

They usually have a large assortment of Sigs and Kimbers, Colt so so, same with Springfield. They usually have a lot of tables at the 1500.

HollidaySlim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Went to Indiana Gun Club this morning at 10 and they were packed.

Ended up getting a Kimber Tactical Custom II. They had a very good selection in stock, definitely worth the drive in the greater Indy area.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Elmore's has a good selection of 1911s usually. Ask what they can do on the price and they might work with you on it. The Outdoorsman has a bunch in stock, but expect to pay $100 to $300 more there than elsewhere. Depending on who you talk to, they might give you a break on the price, but it will still be higher than you'll find at Bradis or Elmore's.

Bradis and PSS will usually have the best price but those are popular shops that are running out of stuff to sell right now. I did see a handful of 1911s at Bradis when I was there on Saturday, including a nice stainless Sig Compact 1911. I have not been to PSS recently, and have no idea what they have in stock.

But, for selection, Elmore's is probably the place to go right now. They are not normally the cheapest place around, but I have bought guns there for less than Bradis was selling them for. It's kind of hit or miss though. The service at Bradis is far, far better than at Elmore's. Some folks at Elmore's are great, but others really cannot be bothered helping someone out.

cbko4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Danville
    Even though the OP found a sidearm, for those interested I was at PSS around noon today and they had a complete shelf of .45 Sig Sauers and a good number of .45 Remington R1's

Top Bottom