• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • k2ace

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well on that note, is there a big difference between the internal and external extractor?

In my opinion its just another 1911 purist argument. The only real arguable advantage I could see is its safer to drop the slide on a round in the camber with an external. Doing so with an internal could cause damage much faster. Some failed to implement external extractors well, kimbers early attempts IMO. I have never seen any issues with externals from Sig , s&w or para.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Yeah i'm sure they stopped making them because they were so wonderful, right? :rolleyes:

I guess you are the expert. I guess Sig and S&W should listen to you and stop making them. I am sending them an email tomorrow.:): And it all boils down to if the extractor position was cut correctly from the slide. I would like to know where the 2.7% gossip came from. Probably some more internet gossip from people who have no first hand experience with the pistol. Gotta love the interwebz.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    In my opinion its just another 1911 purist argument. The only real arguable advantage I could see is its safer to drop the slide on a round in the camber with an external. Doing so with an internal could cause damage much faster. Some failed to implement external extractors well, kimbers early attempts IMO. I have never seen any issues with externals from Sig , s&w or para.

Wonderful! this is the info I want to know! :D

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Yeah i'm sure they stopped making them because they were so wonderful, right? :rolleyes:

Whether anybody thinks the lack of wonderfulness contributes to their appearance on new manufactures or not... Mine has more rounds through it with an external than Sig1473's does and I've had no problems thus far.
    I guess the bottom line is YMMV...

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I would suggest going to Elmore's in Greenwood since you are down that way. They have more 1911's than anyone else I know of.

They are never mentioned here and probably need to get the word out more but Indiana Gun Club has the biggest selection of 1911's in the area, about four cabinets full at least. They have Wilsons, Browns, Nighthawks, a ton of Sigs and SPFD, Kimber, and Colt (when they can get them) as well.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    They are never mentioned here and probably need to get the word out more but Indiana Gun Club has the biggest selection of 1911's in the area, about four cabinets full at least. They have Wilsons, Browns, Nighthawks, a ton of Sigs and SPFD, Kimber, and Colt (when they can get them) as well.

I go there to drool.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy

Where are they located at?

Lucky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Shelbyville
    A I thinking right? In the video it is shown to egage the extractor, he pulled the slide back and released it(combat situation). Wouldn't that just pick up another round and jam it into the back of the chambered round? Am I missing something. I have always just slapped the back of the slide w/the heel of my palm to take to battery.

k2ace

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    Indianapolis
    A I thinking right? In the video it is shown to egage the extractor, he pulled the slide back and released it(combat situation). Wouldn't that just pick up another round and jam it into the back of the chambered round? Am I missing something. I have always just slapped the back of the slide w/the heel of my palm to take to battery.

If you pulled the slide back far enough it would. You can pull the slide about a inch before it would catch the next round.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Just MOH, but better NOT to drop the slide with a round in the chamber at all.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    Okay! So i was out shopping today with a couple friends, we went to multiple gun stores trying to find a suitable contender. We went to bradis to see what they had(site rated gun store of the year!) and started browseing. Jeremy popped over to see if i needed anything and we got to talking, I told him what i was looking for, he put his hands in the case a brought out a BEAUTIFUL Smith & Wesson 1911. It had everything I wanted and more! Its a retired demo gun, so I'm confident its a good shooting weapon. Its got a 5 in barrel, a tactical rail, AND a trigger job! The trigger was fair (i say about 3-3.5 lbs pull) and the best part about it was i got it for approximately $100 lower than normal retail. Im impressed with how well my hunt went! :rockwoot:What do you all think?

T4rdV4rk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    NWI
    Okay! So i was out shopping today with a couple friends, we went to multiple gun stores trying to find a suitable contender. We went to bradis to see what they had(site rated gun store of the year!) and started browseing. Jeremy popped over to see if i needed anything and we got to talking, I told him what i was looking for, he put his hands in the case a brought out a BEAUTIFUL Smith & Wesson 1911. It had everything I wanted and more! Its a retired demo gun, so I'm confident its a good shooting weapon. Its got a 5 in barrel, a tactical rail, AND a trigger job! The trigger was fair (i say about 3-3.5 lbs pull) and the best part about it was i got it for approximately $100 lower than normal retail. Im impressed with how well my hunt went! :rockwoot:What do you all think?

So you bought it or what? That's a pretty darn light trigger. Let's see some pics dude.

Top Bottom