• ...and so much more!
  • Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    How are you liking that Vigil so far?

I really like it. First impression is how lightweight it actually is unbelievable. At the range this morning the S&W e series felt a whole pound heavier. That's exaggerated because it's probably more like 6-8oz difference but very noticeable.
    The match barrel groups more accurately than me, quite the ego boost!
    I put 150rds through it today right after that pic above. 50 230gr ball then cleaned it then started in on Federal HST. 2nd round hung up on the ramp*. 48 more HST then 50 ball and zero issues.
    Might be slightly more "felt recoil" at the range but after a few hundred more trouble free rounds it will carry like a dream...especially in my new Milt Sparks that arrived yesterday :cool:
    (*old beat up Chip McCormick powermag)

00C0C_gFIxW7WetTZ_0le0sy_1200x900.jpg

tribeofham

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Fishers
    View attachment 87351

I was lucky enough to score a service grade Remmington Rand, dated 1943 through the CMP. Based on the serial number, it went to the signal corps which may explain its remarkable condition? It came with an original magazine, a gun lock, and the Pelican (like?) case you see here. The pistol is a dream to shoot!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    View attachment 87351

I was lucky enough to score a service grade Remmington Rand, dated 1943 through the CMP. Based on the serial number, it went to the signal corps which may explain its remarkable condition? It came with an original magazine, a gun lock, and the Pelican (like?) case you see here. The pistol is a dream to shoot!
    Congrats. I wish I had gotten in on the draw.

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    All these posts have me super envious. I made a super cheap range belt for my 1991A1 stainless Colt out of old stuff I had laying around. it's a decent mix of old and new which makes it kind of fun to run compared to a more modern practical belt lol

pmn7Zpw.jpg

NG80F3q.jpg

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Just picked this up, a Dan Wesson TCP 4" commander in 9mm. DW Duty finish, bull barrel, brass bead front sight and factory magwell, comes with two 10-round mags. Freshly stripped and lubed. I really like the notch in the slide stop, it should prevent only the most careless from making an id10t mark on the frame. Been wanting a railed 1911 style pistol for a while, looking forward to giving this a workout.

eVmE5t0.jpg
    [/IMG]
    AErNaqN.jpg
    [/IMG]

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Just picked this up, a Dan Wesson TCP 4" commander in 9mm. DW Duty finish, bull barrel, brass bead front sight and factory magwell, comes with two 10-round mags. Freshly stripped and lubed. I really like the notch in the slide stop, it should prevent only the most careless from making an id10t mark on the frame. Been wanting a railed 1911 style pistol for a while, looking forward to giving this a workout.

Wow .... that does look nice, Hopper. If you grow tired of it, and want to re-home that pistol, please give me a shout. :)

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Wow .... that does look nice, Hopper. If you grow tired of it, and want to re-home that pistol, please give me a shout. :)
    Thank you MM! It's a bit industrial-looking and took me a while to warm up to all the design angles and edges, but the build quality is typical DW and I do love how it feels in the hand. Not sure how well I'll like the beaded front sight, but I've become a fan of blacked out rears with a clean front dot. This is my first K-style "flat" trigger and it feels fine, has a very nice break to it. The proof will be at the range, hopefully tomorrow!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

eVmE5t0.jpg
    [/IMG]
    AErNaqN.jpg
    [/IMG]

I've been interested in those, let us know how it shoots!

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I've been interested in those, let us know how it shoots!
    Sarge - got to put the first 50 rounds through it today as part of the recommended DW shoot 50/clean/shoot 50 break-in period. Only 50 shots is a pretty small sample size, but ZERO malfunctions to report, super accurate, and recoil like a squirt gun. The brass bead front sight will take some getting used to, but it hits where you point it and I think it's a keeper. It's too early to tell, but the thumb safety has a bit of a lip/edge on it that could be irritating to the webbing close to your thumb for long range sessions. But it feels really good in the hand. The tapered G10 grips especially give it a nice purchase with the 25 LPI front/backstrap checkering.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just finished this today. Its the custom build AllenM did the thread on for fitment of the slide/Frame.
    I built it for the spouse (CKW) so it is a 9mm 1911......:dunno:

z29YHIL.jpg

OAenD2y.jpg

XpPv7i7.jpg

OTST5T8.jpg

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>

eVmE5t0.jpg
    [/IMG]
    AErNaqN.jpg
    [/IMG]

That. Is. Sharp.

Top Bottom