• ...and so much more!
  • mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    It functions very well. My only complaint is that I have very large hands and the compact nature of the 14-40 "feels" small and doesn't allow me to get a full hand on the grip. The 16-40 is almost too large, being a 15+1 double stack with the Hogue grip over it, it almost fills my shooting hand. The 45acp is just right...it is a single stack grip.

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    OK I am setting up a couple of 1911's with my "EL JEFE" carved wood grips. Tried them on a black 1911 and did not care for the overall look. So here they are on a pair of SS guns. A Turkish Regent 2000 and my new Para Expert 45

12709.jpg

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    All but one of my 1911's (or close relations). One Tilias Turkish gun is on consignment at a Local gun store.

12714.jpg

Left Column top to bottom
    Para 16-40
    Para 45 Expert
    Para 14-40
    S&W 22A

Middle- top to bottom
    Springfield V-16 Long Slide 45-Super
    Regent 2000
    Taurus 1911
    Tokarev TT33 war-trophy

Right column top to bottom
    LLAMA I-X
    Charles Daly
    Kimber Custom
    AWOL- Tilias Turkish

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    I finally got my cross-draw rig adjusted to fit. Here is it is on one of my sons, just a little long for him, but it fits me fine. No mags in the holders, but that will change soon.
    Then two closeups of the holster with my EL JEFE 1911 and Super BlackHawk in it.

12716.jpg

12717.jpg

12718.jpg

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Thanks everyone :D

It started life as a Colt Combat Target. They were only made for one year (1987) and were called the "poor man's Gold Cup" by many. IIRC I got it for $575 back then.

I cut the frame for the Ed Brown grip safety, added the ambi safety, Ed Brown or maybe it is a Wilson Combat slide stop and mag release, all in stainless. The frame was black like the slide, I polished it off. Also added the checkered MSH and magwell funnel. It's been so many years I have forgotten the brand on those. The front grip checkering is one of the Wilson Combat pieces that are held by the grips...never did get around to sending it off to have real checkering . :):

The only things left that are original are the frame/slide and barrel. Everything else is after market and hand fitted by myself. It is a joy to shoot. :rockwoot:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Thanks everyone :D

It started life as a Colt Combat Target. They were only made for one year (1987) and were called the "poor man's Gold Cup" by many. IIRC I got it for $575 back then.

I cut the frame for the Ed Brown grip safety, added the ambi safety, Ed Brown or maybe it is a Wilson Combat slide stop and mag release, all in stainless. The frame was black like the slide, I polished it off. Also added the checkered MSH and magwell funnel. It's been so many years I have forgotten the brand on those. The front grip checkering is one of the Wilson Combat pieces that are held by the grips...never did get around to sending it off to have real checkering . :):

The only things left that are original are the frame/slide and barrel. Everything else is after market and hand fitted by myself. It is a joy to shoot. :rockwoot:

Dang your awesome choices keep drawing me in! Congrats on the real lead slingers, al .45 acp?

Top Bottom